Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What to write in a Covering Letter?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people

I've been wondering what to write in a 'general' Covering Letter and I haven't thought of anything.

What kind of things should I write?
I'm at a loss here!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't write a 'general' cover letter, ever! always write a letter specifically for each job you are applying for that is tailored to the job description and the company. use the cover letter to briefly summarise why you are suitable for the position and why the qualifications/experience in your CV make you the best candidate. You can pull out certain items from your CV and talk about them in more depth if you think that they are worth highlighting, and it can be a good chance to say why you like the company or what it is about it that impresses you and makes you want to work for them.
    Hey FishyFrags,

omg_hi makes a good point, each cover letter should be unique to the job you're applying for :)

You might find these links useful too:

Cover letters

Video on how to write a cover letter

Good luck! :thumb:
    I'm wanting to write a 'general' one to upload on job websites.

I'll take a look at the links you provided when I can.:)
    then you need to describe the type of role you want, and the key skills you have that make you suitable for that job role.