Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Needing help for self harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

Ive recently acknowledged the fact that I needed help for my returning urges to self harm. I stopped about a year ago, but now the feelings have started to come back, and its getting harder to fight them.

I started a blog to try and give people an insight to what a self harmer may possibly be thinking. Obviously everyone is different, but telling my story I have found really helps. I hope I manage to help people too, if you could please have a read, I'm at a point right now where I really need someone to talk to, my email is on the site if anyone feels like messaging me about anything!

If you do read it, just be careful it doesnt trigger anything, I'd hate to think that I had caused something like that, here is the link http://pandagirl2.blogspot.co.uk/

Please let me know if you know of any way to help me..

Sad Panda
Panda Girl 2
xxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try and think of all the reasons you have not to self harm. write them down if you want. i have some that i repeat to myself all the time, and some are the most simple things like 'buying all of the stuff is a waste of money'. any small reason is still a reason. think of the inconvenience of covering it up, the awkwardness of explaining new injuries to people, the horrible feeling when you wake up the next morning. when the urges get really strong, do something, anything else to keep yourself occupied because as you've experienced before, the urges do pass. it can seem like the only way to cope but in reality there are so many others, you just have to find what works for you.
    Hi panda :wave:

I have just had a look at your blog and it looks really good :) Thank you for sharing it with us and I am sure people will find it useful :heart: I like how you have put useful contacts on there so people who may be going through the same thing will know what services are out there for them.

This is a way which you have found to distract yourself and a way to vent out those feelings it can also encourage other people to be able to talk about it as well.

Here is a link from the site which gives you info and advice on relapsing with self-harm, it also has more info on self-harm which can be useful. http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/havingarelapse I hope this helps!

What omg hi says about thinking of all the reasons you have not to self harm and writing them down is a good way of reflecting.

Let us know how you are getting on :thumb:

purple_rain
    hey i know of someone just like you. be he is doing fine at the moment. but for what i can tell you, is try not to think about it. and be social. go out more and hang out with friends more often than not.