Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Addiction!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to use several strong drugs that cost me over a hundred quid a week, Cocaine, speed, Heroin, cannibis! i was out of my head most of the time! I decided to move away from there and sort myself out! i haven't touched anything for ten years now, but now and then the urges to take them get very, very strong! Is it possible that im still addicted even though ive not taken anything for just over ten years??:chin:

Comments

• *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi silentwhisper

Firstly, a huge well done for getting off the drugs and sorting yourself out :thumb:. It doesn't matter how long ago you did it, it's still a huge achievement every day that you steer clear so give yourself the huge amount of credit you deserve!

I'm linking you here to one of our TheSite articles - staying off drugs - which should hopefully answer some of your questions. I suggest you have a read. It might also be worth having a look at the rest of our addiction content too.

Drugs and addiction - and urges to relapse - are sometimes an indication of other stuff that may not be going well in our lives. Are you going through anything tough at the moment? And is there anyone you can talk to about your past drug habits? It might be worth chatting with your GP about these urges and they may be able to refer you to someone who can help. Plus - remember TheSite boards are always here when you need some friendly advice - or just somewhere to rant.

Take care of yourself :)

Holly
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi silentwhisper,

i am in a similar positionto you in that i used to do a lot of drugs (although maybe not as much as you) but now am virtually drug free.

I too sometimes get cravings, just sometimes i feel like having a big blow-out. I tell myself it would be a laugh and there's no real harm in it.

The truth is though that over the past 10 years my life has progressed so much that if i did "go back" to doing that it would really be regression, i would not gain anything and actually have a lot to lose in terms of my relationships and the trust i have with others now.

Maybe if you think about the effects it would have on other people, and how much you value them it may help?
    Fuck me, you're back! How's life? Where have you been the last 9 years.....?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Now that's a name I haven't seen in a while.
    Weekender Offender 
    yes you are highly addicted to it and the solution of it is self belief once you promise yourself to leave these things that will be best for you and you can also refer to medicines from doctor and a good psychologist consult
    Alcoholics consider themselves alcoholics for life ... even if they aint had a drink for twenty years.
    Same with smack coke whatever.
    Your an addict for life ... check out narcotics anonymous for more details.
    Course your gonna get the urge ... it's somewhere you went and often enjoyed.
    Why did you give it up?
    Theres a reason why you stopped ... thats the bit you need to think about.
    Of course there are good memories too and it doesn't take much effort to drift off into how wonderful it all was.
    Euphoric recall it's known as.
    Euphoric recall is like a drug buzz all in itself.
    It eliminates the reasons why you quit and gets you high all over again ... and back to square one if you aint careful.
    I'd wish you the best of luck but relying on luck is for losers in this game.
    Ooh, now this modern era our new generation totally involve in these things like heroin and different type of drugs......... I don't use this.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kallis000,

Welcome to TheSite!
    Generally, we try to avoid posting in old or inactive threads. This thread has been inactive for well over a year, so I'm going to close it now.
    Feel free to start your own thread if addiction is something you'd like to talk about :)

JPick (mod)
This discussion has been closed.