Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Site Leaders Chat – Wednesday 22nd August 7pm-8pm!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey you fab people! :wave:

Who are The Site Leaders?

The Site Leaders are a group of people who meet up online, on our network every other week to discuss topics which could potentially make TheSite.org, even better than what it is! We have several meetings, online and offline, and there have been a lot of weekenders, which gives us the opportunity to discuss new areas of topics face-to-face.

I joined The Site Leaders, when they last has the "Meet the Community" chat, and have loved every part of it so far! It's given me skills which I had found difficult to pick up, and has totally made me more confident in speaking out towards groups. I know a few people that rely on TheSite.org, and it inspires me to try and make it the best place anyone can go to get advice!

Anyone heard of Start 00:22? The Site Leaders had helped out on getting the word out, and giving our views on what we liked/disliked, and if there was anything that we could change to make it better then what it was. I had taken part in this and made a video in an attempt to get everyone jazzing around!

When and where will it take place?

The chat will be taken place on Wednesday 22nd August, 7pm-8pm in the chat room.

What would we be talking about?

This is your opportunity to chat to The Leaders, and get your opinion out there. We'll be asking questions and getting your outlook about your experiences of Peer Support and what made it beneficial to you.

This would also give you the opportunity to join the Leaders Network. Which means any questions you have that are related to the Leaders Network and how you can get involved would be great!

How does it work?

It's similar to how the expert chats' work. This means your comments would be sent to, Helen and Sean, before they appear in the chat room. This is to guarantee that everyone gets a chance to ask questions, and no one would be left hanging.

The Leaders that are in the chat room would have "Leader" after there user names, so it doesn't get to confusing who is and who is not a Leader.

Hope you lovelies can make it! :hyper:

Comments

• *Seany**Seany* Deactivated Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
    I really hope as many of you as possible can make this! The Leaders are really looking forward to chatting to you all - especially around your experiences of peer support and how you feel about it.

It'll be fun, and I'll give you all e-hugs if you come :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    e-hugs?! You're on.
    I'd be interested in becoming a thesite leader :)

I'll try my best to remember to come along to the chat
    I'd be interested in becoming a thesite leader :)

Me too, I did apply once, think when it was on do-it. Maybe it didn't work or maybe it was just a no :blush::p
    It was probably my fault (sorry!) - I process the applications. You can apply again through v inspired if you like, or you can wait til Wednesday when we'll have the network open for people to register freely if they want to. :)
    I'll be there. What more do you need? ;)
    piccolo wrote: »
    I'll be there. What more do you need? ;)

done!
    I hope to be there too with my Leader hat on.
    Will be great to see y'all :D
    I've got to go to the plaster room this afternoon and sometimes it takes FOREVER so I might not make it after all.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    piccolo wrote: »
    I've got to go to the plaster room this afternoon and sometimes it takes FOREVER so I might not make it after all.

:( tis a shame - hope it's not too painful.
    Just a reminder that this is tonight! :D
    Yay! :hyper:
    **helen** wrote: »
    :( tis a shame - hope it's not too painful.

It wasn't. But I got the plaster off so it is now!
    Thanks to all who came to this on Wednesday evening. It went really well and we're so pleased that we have 5 new TheSite.org Leaders.
    We'll have another 'Meet the Leaders' chat in a few months, so hopefully we'll see you then!