Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any eBay experts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been reading this (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/unpaid-items.html) and I think I must be stupid because I don't understand it.

So I "sold" a dress on eBay and the buyer didn't pay. I then followed the steps above, got in contact with them (no reply) and then I opened a case like it said. It's been about a week now (so over 4 days). I don't really understand what to do next..... :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have just had this exact same problem!!

Somebody won a butterfly costume i was selling and didnt pay. I messaged them twice with no reply so after a week to 10 days I opened a case. Just recently, so i think a week after the case was opened, ebay didnt have a response either so it gave me the option to just cancel the whole transaction which i did.

If you look on 'my ebay' and in the sold section where the item is, just underneath it has a 'i' symbol and says something like for you to view case details. Click on that and if enough time has passed you can cancel it and close the case. They do wait about a week to 10 days though so you just have to wait until the ebay people decide when enough time has gone by
    Basically if someone doesn't pay use the second change option to offer it to another bidder for the same price. And report the person who didn't pay that's all you can do.
    Alternatively just re-list the item and report the person who didn't pay.

You can't force them to pay, all it does it put a stike on their account. But eBay will refund the costs for listing the item etc. But they won't repay the time you had wasted :(
    I'm sure this was set up differently a few years ago.

I had to file a case against someone and I got my money back for what I had to pay to put the item on for.