Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blog

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,

I chose to speak to a member of my family about some emotional problems I was having. I faced the response "I dont see what you have to be so unhappy about".

This made me realise that people cant understand the thought process behind self harm. So I decided to create an anonymous blog to try and convey the thought processes behind this.

I am hoping that I can help people, if only in the knowledge that they are not alone in how they feel, but hopefully how to help people understand.

It can be found here: http://pandagirl2.blogspot.co.uk/

Please check it out and pass it on to someone that you think might need it!

Much Love,

Sad Panda
AKA Panda Girl 2

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,
    I haven't read your blog, I'd like to say first I think it is a good idea, but please be careful with the things you say in it.
    You can only speak for yourself, everyone's thought process is different, and please warn people if the blog is going to contain triggering content.
    For some, reading about others self harm etc. can trigger their own self harm. Please place a warning on your blog if this is the case.

I hope it brings you comfort being able to write about your feelings,
    Niamh
    I am only speaking for myself, I decided to do it because someone close to me clearly didnt understand, I thought that this way I could help others get past people not understanding. and maybe open other peoples minds into understanding that its more about what goes on underneath rather than basing it on what they think is something to be happy about.

I did not intend to suggest that everyone has this thought process

I havnt gone into explicit detail. But I will put the warning up. Thanks.
    Sad Panda wrote: »

I havnt gone into explicit detail. But I will put the warning up. Thanks.

Thank you :) Also, for future reference, if you ever post anything on the boards here about self harm/suicide it's normally best to write "Possibly Triggering" or something similar in the title. It's just so when people are feeling a bit sensitive they know what threads wont help.
    Sorry I'm nitpicking, but I saw you were a new user and just want you to get the best experience you can from thesite :)