Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend have just moved in with my mum after moving out of his parents. This is when it turns tricky. When we first got together, I was staying at his a lot and decided it would just be easier taking my stuff down as we lived an hour away from eachother. At his mum's, there was not a lot of space, there was 8 of us in a small 3 bed house! You can only imagine. He had the smallest room, which didn't have a wardrobe it just had a small cabinet to store some clothes. My boyfriend previously lived with his nan under a residency order, when his nan passed away he ha to move in with his mum and didn't get a lot of his clothes/shoes or belongings.
We are now with my mum and I've just applied for a community care grant -
I've asked for a double bed
Bedding
Wardrobe and chest of drawers
Clothes (for him)
Clothes (for myself) as when I was at his, his younger sisters would take my clothes without me knowing.

I just want anyones opinion if this is suitable under the circumstances.:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there Georgina93,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the boards. :wave:

Sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time at the moment - what with moving from place to place and having some of your things taken without you knowing. Must be very unsettling.

I'm not too sure what your query is. You say you and your boyfriend are at your mums place now - how is that going?

Have you had any news regarding your community care grant application?

Were there any other issues you'd like to discuss?

Here's a link to an article that explain more about community care grants if that helps - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Caringforsomeone/DG_10018921

Look forward to hearing back from you.

:)
    Thank you for taking your time to reply :)
    We have settled in at my mums nicely, I'm sill waiting to hear back from the grant people, I was querying wether the items asked for seemed reasonable to others.

Thank you for the link, I will look into that.

Tbh it was worth probably putting in for more because they (pretty much as a rule) only give you a quarter of what you ask for. Also bare in mind that it can take months and months for the grant to come through. We put in for our grant in Januaryish and only got the money in May. Crazy! :/
    That's ridiculous! I can't believe it takes so long! Hopefully they will give me a fair amount to sort some of my difficulties!!