Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lily lolo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As a member of the pale skin brigade I've always struggled to get decent foundation. I've never liked the cakey feel of liquid foundation even though I mix it with moisturiser so decided to give the mineral foundation route a try. I've always favoured the natural look and I'm also too lazy to have a time consuming makeup routine so this seems like a good way to go. Anyways I've ordered a few sample pots of Lily lolo as I've heard some good things about their stuff and was wondering if anyone here uses them and had any tips/advice for a mineral newbie? i.e shade matching, getting decent coverage ect?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry, I have nothing useful to say, but where did you order the sample pots from? I can't find any on their website.

ETA found them. Never mind :)
  • Options
    I took GWST's advice a while ago and bought some. It's great and lasts for ages. I found application really easy- you really don't need a lot and the kabuki brush you get with it gives you good coverage. It's really tricky to go wrong when using it, just a bit at a time until you get the coverage you want. I liked the finishing powder too.
  • Options
    I've ordered 2 shades of the foundation and the matte and translucent finishing powder so I'll see how I go. Quite excited about it really as I'm tired of cakey make up and concealer. I'm also trying to lean towards more cruelty free products so this is a bonus too.
  • Options
    My order came today and I tried it and was very impressed! Even if application was a bit awkward due to the small pots. Just ordered a full size foundation and finishing powder today as it's 15% off til midnight :)
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    My order came today and I tried it and was very impressed! Even if application was a bit awkward due to the small pots. Just ordered a full size foundation and finishing powder today as it's 15% off til midnight :)

tempteeeeeed...!!

Glad you like it :) I prefer mineral powder makeup