Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Phone PM not working

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
phone and iPod PM's won't send, just refreshes. just me? really annoying dammit! I need to send one off my phone and it's broken! also were is the button to change the mobile view back to normal gone? can we have it back pretty pleaaaase :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just trying it out on my mobile..

Are you using your browser or the tapatalk app?

If you scroll down to the bottom on the main forum page there should be a link that says 'default style' that takes you back to normal desktop view..that is if you're not using tapatalk..

I'm not getting the refresh issue - check there is something in the subject line of your PM, that might be it...I'm on Android though, Fostress is going to have a go on her iPhone!
    just using browser don't have tapatalk thingy, have found the button to change the view thanks!
    filled in the subject thing aswell it just doesn't send just disappears! maybe my iPod being silly tried few times though.
    Glad you found the full view..

I don't have a quick answer about the PMs I'm afraid but I'll definitely look into it for you :chin:
    On first enquiries.. if you can find how to do it, delete your cookies - should be in Safari settings somewhere...this might be causing a problem for some reason. Other suggestion is to make sure your ipod software and browser are up to date/ latest versions.

Sorry not to be of more help but thought these were worth a shot!
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Other suggestion is to make sure your ipod software and browser are up to date/ latest versions

Ahh this could be it, my iPod touch is a 2nd generation so it wasn't eligible for the upgrade to the new operating system for ipods/iphones when the upgrade came out, so that might be why. It works if I send it through the full view just not the mobile view :)
    hmmm7 wrote: »
    phone and iPod PM's won't send, just refreshes. just me? really annoying dammit! I need to send one off my phone and it's broken! also were is the button to change the mobile view back to normal gone? can we have it back pretty pleaaaase :)
    I am running into the same issues as you and my PM's are not sending ever since I switched residential voip providers from this voip providers list. Were you able to figure out a workaround? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    nathan78 wrote: »
    I am running into the same issues as you and my PM's are not sending. I too have a second generation iPod. Were you able to figure out a workaround? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The only way around it that I have found is to switch to the default style by going to the bottom on the mobile view. It still doesn't work sending PMs through the mobile version, but it's basically the same, just have to zoom in quite a lot.