Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eyeliner!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a travel set of urban decay coloured eyeliner pencils last year and have loved having them. Can't find a link anywhere, but had about 8 mini sized pencils... and was in THE SALE.

Anyway, I was looking to restock, and saw this. I WISH.

So - seems I may have to move away from urban decay - so can you recommend any other brands? What do you guys use? I like having lots of colours :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mostly my Barry M liquid eyeliner. But I have the tiniest little pencil that came with my Benefit 'Smokin eyes' set. I'm boring and stick to black.
    Is Barry M liquid eyeliner goood? Will have to get some more of that soon, but don't like the one I'm using at the moment and stupidly threw away the container of the one that I did like, so not sure what it was..... I prefer felt-y tip ones to brushes.
    Is Barry M liquid eyeliner goood? Will have to get some more of that soon, but don't like the one I'm using at the moment and stupidly threw away the container of the one that I did like, so not sure what it was..... I prefer felt-y tip ones to brushes.

I'm no makeup expert but I like it, it doesn't smudge during the evening which is always a good thing :) The pot is tiny but it lasts for absolutely ages. Liquid eyeliner used to terrify me but I practiced and find it less scary now. I tried felt tip because I assumed it'd be easier but I smudged it all over the place.
    I love my Max Factor ones, i think i got them in boots your standard black and a blue, they are easy to apply.
    I have a couple of coloured ones from avon but they sort of feel cheap and i dont seem to be able to get them to go on smoothly but that may just be me.
    I doubt it's just you Louise.... I've had ones like that, or pencils where you have to press stupidly hard considering it's your eye.... My urban decay ones go on so smoothly, damn the price!
    Coloured pencil: http://www.stargazer-products.com/listings/?id=2&sub_id=24
    (work really well on lips too, and stay on quite well)
    Black: http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Eye-Studio-Lasting-Drama-Gel-Liner_1190781/ (actually amazing. Doesn't come off until you use make up wipes!)
    Glitter: http://www.barrym.com/products/eyes/liquid-liners/glitter.html (pretty good for glitter, although I've never found a glitter one that stays on all day)

I don't know about coloured liquids, as I've never used them, but Barry M pencils are good too, so I guess their liquid will be as well... stargazer might do a liquid too but I'm not sure!
    I really like gel liners, I use a combo of gel liners (mainly black, but I have purple and blue and green and all sorts) for very defined looks and pencils for smudgy softer looks.

Gels & liquids that are good - Illamasqua presision ink, MAC fluidlines, any powder + Illamasqua sealing gel (actually makes it waterproof too!!), collection 2000 gel liners, Illamasqua, MAC and Barry M pencils are all goo. EyeKo are also very good!
    wow wow! That pencil set is so beautiful and unobtainable!

I usually stick to black eye-liner's myself.

One that I have found is boots no7 metallic black eyeliner.

It seems to stay on well, goes on nicely, is not too dark so you can build it up if you like for any kind of look. Annnnd its not too pricey as well ^^
    For a felt-tippy liquid eyeliner instead of a brush i use Rimmel, its really good and i hate the brush ones too
    Are the felt tip liquid eye liners easier to apply?

I find I make a terrible mess trying to put on liquid eye liner!
    Absolutely, its just like a pen that you can draw with rather than a brush where theres always a couple of bristles that go everywhere - much simpler and neater
    Ooh if I manage to coax some money out of my boyfriend I might try one out :)

I do like the... messy smudged grunge look allot.

The liquid eye liners do a more, solid line?
    I wonder how that would look on me! xD
    Patience, try a gel eyeliner too :) I posted a link to a really good one earlier.
    I don't like gel eyeliners ;) I have the one you posted earlier but just not a fan. Each to their own I guess.
    Haha, fair enough, I can't stand pencils. And I'm slightly rubbish at using the liquid ones... and when I say "slightly" I mean "black all over my eyes/face/hands"
    I like gel liner. I've used the W7 and Maybelline ones, the Maybelline one is the best out of the 2.
    The Bobbi Brown one is supposed to be really good.
    I've used a Rimmel pen thing and it's really easy to apply, but I used to have to leave the nib to fill up again for the second eye.
    I'm currently using a black eyeshadow (http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/12-shade-dusk-til-dawn-palette - bottom right) and it gives a nice finish. I use the Maybelline Gel Liner brush with it.
    Broken Angel - Cheers for the tip!

My mother said she recently bought a gel one so I might try hers out.

Anything less messy than black all over my eyeball is a plus for me :D
    A couple of weeks ago I got a new eyeliner by Rimmel London for £3.99 and I'm really impressed. I got a green one, I love the colour and it comes in different colours so maybe you could get a few to have a selection. It's kind of like a propelling pencil design - so it winds up so no splinters (I just hate that when you get an eye pencil that you have to sharpen and it goes splintery the first time you sharpen it) but it has a built in sharpener bit on the other end so you can make the nib pointier and it has a smuggy thingy that end too incase you want to smudge it in a bit.

The last one I bought before that was Make Up Academy and was 99p (which should have been a warning to me) as it ran terribly the first time I wore it (I think I had slightly watery eyes as it was a sunny day) so I never used it again and wasn't that soft so was hard to apply.

I've also got a blue one, it's a sort of grey-blue colour, I can't remember the brand but you can't get it in the UK I don't think so probably not much use anyway.
    I tried the soap and glory pen eyeliner the other day (another company who don't test on animals) and it was really nice! Quite fine, easy to use wasn't watery and had real staying power. Can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't lots.
    I doubt it's just you Louise.... I've had ones like that, or pencils where you have to press stupidly hard considering it's your eye.... My urban decay ones go on so smoothly, damn the price!
    You can get make up a lot cheaper but still Brand New on ebay - I have bought several Benefit and other products. Either they are seconds so the packaging has superficial damage, the packaging in the shops has been redesigned, they are surplus of a discontinued colour or product or they were unwanted 'gifts with purchase'.