Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No money to see Dentist

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I've got really bad toothache and in desperate need of seeing a dentist. There are two problems with this though. Firstly, I've not been to the dentist in quite a number of years because I have a severe phobia of the dentist. Secondly, even if I was to brave it for an appointment I literally don't have the money to pay for it. I have about £20 to last me a month until my student loan comes through.

I've been using over the counter pain killers to try and deal with the pain for about a week now, but it's not really doing much good and I can't really keep taking Ibruprofen/paracetamol for another month until my student loan starts again.

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions...

Comments

• Options
    Go to your nearest dental A&E or dental out of hours service and they might be able to help - they can put you under if they have to, but also you can get diazapan for the phobia which may help.
  • Options
    Check ups in Scotland are free I believe, so get yourself to a dentist and get it looked at as a starting point.