Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Get well soon Randomcat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My poor pussy cat has been run over by a car. He is okay though. I took him to the vet straight away as he was miaowing loads and going crazy so I thought something was up with him and he was walking funny. He's had injections of anti-inflamatories, anti-biotics and painkillers and I have more medicine to give him over the next few days and I have to keep him in and keep an eye on him.

I :heart: Randomcat so I really hope he is okay.

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :( Hope he gets better soon!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh no :(

That is my worst nightmare. I would have been freaking out. Glad his mummy got to him so soon!

Poor Randomcat. I hope he feels better very soon
    Aww no that's not good. I hope he gets better soon!*hug*
    Put him infront of the tv tonight to watch Big Brother. That'll make him feel better ;)
    Hope he gets better soon. *hug*
    He's off his head on cat-morphine at the moment. He's currently perched on top of my jewelry box.

Thank you for all the well wishes.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Aww, *hug*'s - I hope he has a quick recovery :heart:
    Huge hugs to both of you!

My cat was mauled by a dog but she pulled through, cats are pretty strong and tend to bounce back.
    Thanks. I can't sleep. I'm quite worried he'll die in the night and I'll wake up to a dead cat. The vet said he could have internal injuries that wouldn't be apparent at first and that I should moniter him closely and not let him out for a few days. So I feel I should be watching over him. I would feel better if he would sleep in the same room as me as he usually sleeps on my bed with me but he seems to want to be in a different room to me today - apparently this is because when they are injured they like to hid. He's got shredded back claws from where he was dragged along the road whilst trying to stop himself :( When I was a child my school friend got knocked over, afterwards she was joking with the paramedics and smiling and we thought she'd just broken her leg. But she died a couple of days later from brain injury even though she looked fine.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    RG, I really hope he pulls through. Xx
    He's made it through the night and he seems a lot better this morning :d

He's not out of the woods yet but he seems to be doing really well now. He is his usual cuddley self now, all snuggly and yummy.
    Heyy

Hey RG,

Thats really good to hear RG. iam really glad that he is recoving very well and that u care soo much about ur cat. Iam sorry to her that he got ran over.

longs he better now and u still got him that the main thing. :)

Let us know how u get on :)

Best wishes,
    Heather xx

:thumb:*hug*:)
    He's been fairly still on my jewellery box for at least a couple of hours now. Also he's not asked to go outside yet (he's not allowed out while he's recovering) which is unlike him, usually he wants to go outside straight away when he gets up. He is eating alright, I'm not sure if he's used the litter tray (I should probably clean it so I can tell more easily). He has very little energy. He seemed better than this first thing this morning. I hope he's not in pain.
    It's a good sign he's eating. Sounds like he's just recooping for a bit.

Do you have to take him back to the vet?
    Heyy

Heyy Randomgirl,

I hope that he is ok to. If u get really worried i would take him back to the Vets and get him cheak out again, as longs that he is getting better and better. He will be fine iam counting on him :) Its a good sign that he is eating

I hope this helps u.

Best Wishes,
    Heather xx

*hug*:thumb::)
    I'm taking him back to the vets this afternoon at 4.10pm. I have petplan insurance and will have reached the excess so might as well take him as many times as I want to for reassurance over the next few days or weeks and then make a claim. His back end isn't so mobile, like if I stroke him he won't lift his tail up. I couldn't sleep last night and woke early this morning so I might feel a bit better if hre gets checked out.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I'm taking him back to the vets this afternoon at 4.10pm. I have petplan insurance and will have reached the excess so might as well take him as many times as I want to for reassurance over the next few days or weeks and then make a claim. His back end isn't so mobile, like if I stroke him he won't lift his tail up. I couldn't sleep last night and woke early this morning so I might feel a bit better if hre gets checked out.

Yeah I would- just for peace of mind. Battlecat came in one evening holding her tail really low. Took her to the vet and she had injured it in someway and stretched the ligaments. It took a few days of antiobiotics but her tail perked right up :) I hope the visit to the vet goes well and Randomcat returns to his usual self. Let us know how it goes
    Heyy

Heyy Randomgirl,

Thats really good that ur taking him back to the Vets. Well Done :)

Goodl luck to u and ur cat, Be thinking of u both and fingers crossed

let us know how u get on :)

Best Wishes,
    Heather xx

We just got back from the vets, he has healthy pink gums so that means he doesn't have internal bleeding, he is very bruised but they don't think anything is broken. They gave him another shot of the cat-morphine so he'll be high again pretty soon and I've got some more of the anti-inflammatories to put on his food later. I feel reassured that I took him to the vets and I'm taking him again in a few days or sooner if he gets worse.
    Heyy

Heyy Randomgirl,

Thats really good news. Iam soo glad that he will get better. i knew that u and him will get thew this together with a bit of help of us :)

Good work. U broght a smile on my face when i read ur post

Prould of u both

Best Wishes,
    Heather xx

:)*hug*:thumb:
    woo, sounds like he's on the mend :)
    Heyy RG

yeeeeee thats soo good news :)

Keep us posted :)

Best Wishes,
    Heather xx

:thumb:*hug*:)
    I just saw this - glad he's doing ok :)!
    Today he has been able to lift his tail a little bit :)

Also this evening he had a nibble of my hand which is his normal playful behaviour.

It's weird, sometimes he'll just sit in the same position for hours on end looking stoned but then now he is having short bursts of normal behaviour as well but then he'll go still again. I think overall he is improving one step at a time.

I keep thinking how lucky we were - not lucky that he got knocked over but lucky we have pet insurance, lucky that I got to him in a few minutes of it happening as if it had been half an hour later I would have gone out for several hours for the evening, lucky the vets was still open, lucky that we just moved to a new vets in walking distance from my flat instead of the old one that was a taxi ride away so I didn't have to wait for a cab with Randomcat in pain... lucky he survived. :)
    Heyy

Heyy RG,

Thats really good news that ur cat is a lot better then he was before. iam soo happy to hear that he is ok now :)

I hope that ur ok too :)

Best Wishes,
    Heather xx

Sending lots of posi get well vibes from TheSite Towers :heart:
    really glad randomcat is doing better, that's great news :) give him a cuddle from battlecat
    Thanks guys.

He continues to do well. He is still on painkillers/anti-inflammatories and an anti-biotic. I'm taking him back to the vets tomorrow for another check up hopefully. He's been out and about again and is much more confident. He nibbles me again with his little cat mouth and he's back to sleeping on my bed which is where he belongs (he wouldn't sleep there for a few days when it happened).

He sends his miaowkisses to everyone in this thread :heart:
    Makes me happy to know that he's getting better, at least he seems to know what he's able to do with himself and that he's doing things you like, must be reassuring to you that he's biting playfully at you too, seems like his character has returned?
    Took him to the vets yesterday, he has a temperature but other than that he's okay. Still on medication.