Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair issues, should I go to the dr?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello there, not posted in a while!
Well here goes...

I am currently 23 years old and female. None of that is the problem though.
My problem is my hair is turning grey (I get more and more of them as the weeks pass). Its bright white/grey hairs but at least they are not thick or wiry, they are the same as my normal hair.

Also, I keep losing it. Whenever I shower or simply brush my hair, I get so many loose full length hairs coming out in my hands.

I thought this was normal a few months ago but its not stopped and is getting worse.

I find my hair all over the place now!

I have not noticed a masive change in the consistency of my hair but I am getting really worried that if this continues im going to be left with sparse grey hair at my age!

Would this be something the dr can help me with?

I quit smoking 3/4 months ago, I dont do drugs and I dont drink heavily either.

Any advice would be loved.

Comments

• Options
    They both sound normal, even though it probably doesn't feel like it.
    It's normal to lose hair, and unless it's getting thinner, it sounds like it's just the normal hair loss. I lose hair too when I comb/wash it, but I don't notice it getting thinner.
    But if you're worried going to see your GP won't do any harm.
  • Options
    TY so much for replying!

I feel a little bit better.
    I dont know why but I just had a shower and started to freak out a little bit.

I guess the worst of it is I need to dye my hair some times.
    Its good to know its normal to lose hair a little bit.
    I was just so worried about it.
  • Options
    There's a comb called a Tangle Teezer that's supposed to be better for your hair, so doesn't pull any hairs our, or break them. they aren't cheap (about £9). But I've heard they are great. Boots sell them.
    ETA: Here's a link to them http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Brands-A-to-Z/Tangle-Teezer/
  • Options
    My hair fell out around the hairline when I got anorexia, so have you recently become unweight? It grew back when I put weight on.