Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does everyone hate me or are people just more selfish?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im starting to get really frustrated with life, mostly 'friends'. I try to talk to people who i thought were friends but i just get ignored. I can text them, i can send them a message on facebook, i could even call them on the phone but 9/10 times i just get ignored.

If this was just one or two people i could deal with them probably just not liking me but it seems anyone and everyone i try to talk to just does not bother replying. Its really getting to me and making me feel either miserable or full of hate. Im not a bad person, these people liked me at one time or were my friends but now they don't bother with me.

It just frustrates me because they have plenty of time to write crap on facebook or twitter every hour of the day but can't even be bothered to reply to a text or message from me asking how they are or if they fancy doing something. Maybe they just ignore me because thats easier than telling me they don't like me and to go away.

Apart from finding new friends what can i do because this is really getting to me because i feel so powerless to do anything.

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey NeoNero,

Firstly welcome back to the boards, I remember you from back in the day. :)

I think we all go through periods of questioning friendships and how much we're valued by others. The quantity and frequency of these feelings is significant for you right now though and you're getting increasingly frustrated. The feelings of powerlessness you describe also sound particularly upsetting.

While it might be possible to confront some of the people - particularly ones that you've felt a genuine connection with in the past who you trust, I'm guessing that you might have already tried that? If not, then feel free to suggest a way that you could try doing so and we could offer you some feedback and support.

Alternatively, you might be feeling that deep down, there's something amiss with the way you interact with others, and maybe you'd like some help with confidence building, or ways to approach friendships. How do you feel in yourself generally? For instance - how are your moods generally? How would you rate your sense of self-esteem? How confident do you feel that you have interesting conversation to share with others? Feel free to take these questions with a pinch of salt and I don't want to overwhelm you. I'm just thinking that often the way we feel about ourselves is projected in the way we interact with others and sadly, if we doubt ourselves or struggle with self awareness, then others may respond to that by distancing themselves.

Anyhow, let me know your thoughts and I'm happy to come back to this thread and others may have ideas/experiences to chip in too. :)