Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sorry...

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well done.

Hugs.
  • Options
    Good stuff WhiteLillies :)

Big group hugs for all. Keep posting.
  • Options
    Counselling went well-thank you for making me see sense.

I'm feeling sad right now though :-(
  • Options
    I can't stop crying...what is wrong with me!!!!!!! I fell asleep crying and I've woken up like it...I need help :crying::(
  • Options
    Hi Whitelillies :)

I'm really sorry to hear that and you sound like you have had a major busy and shit time. I am so sorry to hear about your dad and no matter of words or feelings will truely mean anything to you at the moment. Although not really having had that happen I lost my dog two weeks ago. Now I know you're probably thinking "this was my dad your talking about a dog" but I've had him since I was 5 and I'm now 19 and he was much more than your usual dog I spent all my time with him, he slept with me and he was really my mums only and best friend she'd ever had. The whole family really fell apart. I remember my sister coming down from London and I went mad at her I think I even hit her I said all kinds of abusive things like "why aren't you crying you fucking cow? Don't you care" she tried to defend herself but I was just so angry I was just going mad telling her all sorts of things I know aren't true at all.

Grief is a really funny thing and it hits people really hard but in different ways I am the sort of person who cries really loud, screams, shouts and bangs their feet because I can't really believe what's going on, my sister is the sort of person who you wouldn't think anything has happened to cus she always keeps everything to herself and gets on with life whereas my mum cries alone and sometimes when it's a bit too much but tries to carry on. I think that's why your aunty is being horrible. I don't know whether you've had trouble in the past with her or she was your dad's sister. But assuming you haven't and she is, the fact it's suicide she is going to be horrified and feeling guilty and she's trying to push it on to someone else so she doesn't feel as bad and is probably really hurt and upset so is taken it on you, which she doesn't really mean to do. When someone dies you all have to stick together, perhaps you should invite your aunty, your mum and you to all have a meal together and talk about sticking together talk about the good times and what was really special.

For work tell them as much as you feel comfortable with and tell them you have to much pressure and I'm sure they will fit something to make you feel better about it and the counsellor, my dad's girlfriend had cancer in the past and she went to the doctor and said she needed a counsellor and got one and she said they were really good, so try and organise an appointment with your local gp.

I remember my first counselling session with this woman it was at college and I used to just book it to have "something to do" and it was free so we used to have a bit of a laugh and this one day we got talking and I ended up talking about something really emotional and at first it was a bit of a laugh and at the end I was in tears I felt sick I thought I was gonna faint and I had to get home. All of this stuff is inside you and it's horrible to talk about but it needs to come out. You need to feel better about the situation so you can live your life to the full knowing your dad's watching over you and you two can really have a laugh together with him in spirit rather than being upset.

I hope I made sense and made you feel slightly better xxx
  • Options
    Hi Natashaaa:wave:

I completely understand where you are coming from in terms of losing your dog - I've had a cat that length of time and would be devastated to lose her.

I'm not normally the crying type - I am very much put up a front and carry on as normal...when I'm at my worst and really can't stop crying - I have to be by myself.

My Auntie has been trouble in the past but not with myself directly - she fell out with some other family members and yeah she is my Dad's sister. What is ironic is that my Dad couldn't stand her and would do anything to avoid her. I completely understand and appreciate she is grieving and I've even gone so far as to say I would forgive her but she has gone way to far now and I don't ever see their being a reconciliation (think thats the right word!?) between us and her. She's hurt my mum to much and I'm just very angry with her. For her to assume that losing my Grandad was her understanding of what it feels like to lose a parent is even more stupid. Losing a parent at any age is difficult - I get that - but when she is in her 50's and he was ill/elderly - it is expected...I'm 20 - my Dad was fit/healthy physically - It was suicide - It's just so different...she doesn't have a clue.

You made perfect sense...I'm hoping to see a new counsellor very soon so hopefully it won't be too much of a wait!

I'm not often in a situation where I can't stop crying...I guess it was just a build up of a lot of things getting to me :(

xxx