Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Make up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are everyone's favourite make up products?

Any make up tips?

Comments

• Options
    I know this is unfashionable, but I really like Avon.

For the price, they're pretty good. My ex worked as a rep for a while and I was kinda impressed.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    What are everyone's favourite make up products?

Any make up tips?

Oh, man.

Depends on your budget.

High cost? MAC. With a spattering of others (Makeup Forever, for example).
    Mid-high, Urban Decay/Too Faced.
    Mid-low, Superdrug do a brand called Sleek which are very good - I've got a couple of their eyeshadow palettes and I like them a lot.
    Low, e.l.f. www.eyeslipsface.co.uk. Cheap as all hell but, I'm told, really very good.
  • Options
    I like my Loreal true match foundation but have found that applying it with a brush seems to work better. I used to use my fingers and it felt like I was just smearing it. Now I only need to use a little bit and can manouvre it easily with a brush.

And I like a dusting of mineral powder on top.

I don't really know many makeup tips but.. a makeup guru I watched on youtube recently seemed to have a good one. If when applying masara it gets onto your skin. Don't automatically go to wipe it because it will smudge. Wait for it to dry and it'll fleck off. Sounds really simple.. maybe everyone knew that apart from me :D
  • Options
    I don't have very much just an eyeliner and a masscara both loreal I was thinking of buying a little make up kit from argos not sure about the quality though.
  • Options
    WHERE to start? This is like a corner of heaven!

:love:

For a foundation i am loving Lancome at the mo. For a cheaper option N07 at Boots do a mouse foundation which is so nice and the tub last for ages.
    Another good foundation is 'Some Kinda Goregous by Benefit. Other stuff in their range is nice too.

YSL do some great lipsticks...pink all the way ;)

Bourjois for their eyeshadows

L'oreal never fails. They actually do a great primer for around £15 and you don't need much. it's a resurfacing one.

Bareminerals 'Prime time' - Another great primer. feels like satin on your skin.

I could go on....:hyper:
  • Options
    'er indoors swears by Lily Lolo mineral makeup. She's also gutted that her favourite lipstick is no longer in production.
  • Options
    Illamasqua all the way! I do my damnedest to only use cruelty free products, so I don't use Mac anymore.
    Make up forever are good but expencive. Ben Nye do lovely lip and eye colours, Sleek are awesome for eye products, but I find all of their foundations are too dark for me (they cater for women of colour primarily), Barry M and stargazer are great for bright colours. No7 isn't bad for foundations or lip colours (not 100% sure on their animal testing status though).

Tbh, it totally depends on what it is you're looking for!
  • Options
    Second Lily Lolo for a decent mineral foundation especially for pale skin.
  • Options
    Beans wrote: »
    I don't have very much just an eyeliner and a masscara both loreal I was thinking of buying a little make up kit from argos not sure about the quality though.
    I think that would be a great idea Beans a good way to start anyway but it will be basic you could think about geting some bits to help with conceling, softening your features and smoothing your skin. Maybe try to get a foundation that matches your skin tone with practice using things like bronzers, blushers and highlighters will give great results. Youtube hae some really good videos. (sorry if i hijacked the thread then)
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I think that would be a great idea Beans a good way to start anyway but it will be basic you could think about geting some bits to help with conceling, softening your features and smoothing your skin. Maybe try to get a foundation that matches your skin tone with practice using things like bronzers, blushers and highlighters will give great results. Youtube hae some really good videos. (sorry if i hijacked the thread then)
    It's not hijacking - I'm just keen to talk about make up in any way.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever tried Lush makeup?
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried Lush makeup?

I know it's new but i haven't checked it out yet...Any good?
  • Options
    I lurveeeeeeeee rimmel make up! Most of my make up is by them in all honesty, and it's not bad for money either! (Especially if you hit the sale!) :hyper:
  • Options
    I've tried the foundations and they are very good for the money and for sensitive skins. The new skin tints are nice as is the powder but not tried any of the colours out yet.
  • Options
    I know it's new but i haven't checked it out yet...Any good?

I haven't tried it. I never really got on with Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful
  • Options
    Lip colours are lovely, the eye colours are good pigment wise but something you'll need a primer with because the formulation is a little odd. For the price I think it's too much. But again their skin tints and possibly the mascara are pretty good value for money and do the job well.
  • Options
    I'm a beauty + hair student so obviously I love a lot of beauty/ make up products but my favouriteeeee atm has to Max Factor lip tint its easy to apply looks beautiful on and is just amazing!! :D