Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sub-forum overload?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Looks good to me.
    Indeed.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend to read the "What's New" forum. The only regular use I would have for the fora is if I could filter what I see in What's New by the categories.

Actually that's a cool idea. There are some long going threads that are always at the top of the unread posts / whats new list for me and I just have to ignore them repeatedly :p.
    Kind of think Creativity is missing- might be nice to have that within the set of first boards perhaps? It's not really covered under any of those titles...
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sure thing :)

Will edit my post to include...
    I'm a bit worried that Book Club will get a bit lost in AG :/.
    I'm a bit worried that Book Club will get a bit lost in AG :/.

We'll soon find out... this is an experiment Franki - nothing is irreversible.
    Waste time is gone :shocking:
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Now it's just gone confusing :/ Looks awesome though :3
    Franki would Book Club suit Creative, do you think?
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    Franki would Book Club suit Creative, do you think?

I'm not sure - I was considering it, but as it's reading rather than DOING, I didn't think it really fit :/
    Wasn't waste time only created in the first place because people were clogging up Anything Goes with pictures of David Hasselhoff and it annoyed JimV?

:chin:
    I'm not sure - I was considering it, but as it's reading rather than DOING, I didn't think it really fit :/

It's a fair point - gonna keep entertainment for a bit and see how it goes. As suggested by Piccolo, if we do get rid, then we can have a sticky in the new 'free time' forum.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Wasn't waste time only created in the first place because people were clogging up Anything Goes with pictures of David Hasselhoff and it annoyed JimV?

:chin:

Haha, yep!
    **helen** wrote: »
    It's a fair point - gonna keep entertainment for a bit and see how it goes. As suggested by Piccolo, if we do get rid, then we can have a sticky in the new 'free time' forum.

Not to be a dick but isn't there a danger that forums are going to stick around because they have one or two popular threads? Looking through Entertainment, 11 of the 25 or so threads on the first page are book club related. There's also a thread on the first page where the last post was in April. There doesn't seem to be enough traffic to justify it existing as a separate forum.

I understand wanting to save Creative but there are only a handful of threads that get a lot of responses. And there are threads that haven't been posted in since 2011 on the first page. It just seems overkill to have a dedicated forum when, sadly, not many people post there.

Maybe I'm more ruthless about this stuff but both forums could easily just be threads in a bigger forum. I'd also advise against sticky-ing them as people tend to overlook those.

I am being a dick when I say it should be sink or swim. If thread ideas are truly popular then they should have no problem holding their place in a bigger forum.
    Haha, you're not being a dick at all...

We're already being pretty ruthless - just lets keep ents and creative for now (no other sub-forums) and see what happens. Pull me up on it in a fortnight. :)
    I still think everything in the subsection travel and freetime could be merged into one board.
    Yeah - I've been thinking about this as I've started to move things and can see your point... and I think an anything goes kind of forum should still exist as well, but what to call it? I think the 'anything' aspect is confusing as RG points out. Is off-topic actually alright do you reckon? Like not too cold?
    My reading comprehension skills have wained because I thought the super off topic forum was happening.
    My reading comprehension skills have wained because I thought the super off topic forum was happening.

:lol:

Well, if you look at the forums now, you can see I've got 8 forums to merge... :crazyeyes

Happy to do it if we're all on board, but I'm just trying to clarify you do just want a super duper free-time forum?

And if yes, then does anything goes stay called that? Or do we just change it to off-topic? :hyper:
    :lol:

Well, if you look at the forums now, you can see I've got 8 forums to merge... :crazyeyes

Happy to do it if we're all on board, but I'm just trying to clarify you do just want a super duper free-time forum?

And if yes, then does anything goes stay called that? Or do we just change it to off-topic? :hyper:

I think it should be called the Super Duper Free-Time Forum :razz:

I think I've voiced my opinion way too much in this thread, so I'll let other people get involved :o
    I think it should be called the Super Duper Free-Time Forum :razz:

I think I've voiced my opinion way too much in this thread, so I'll let other people get involved :o

I like Super Duper Free-Time Forum :D.

Helen - maybe we could merge Entertainment and Creative again since neither are overly active now? Or maybe we could have a sub-subforum for Book Club...
    I change my vote to 'Thesite's Super Duper Fun-Time Free-Time Hang-out Party Shack'.

Or 'TSDFTFTHOPS' for short.
    I change my vote to 'Thesite's Super Duper Fun-Time Free-Time Hang-out Party Shack'.

Or 'TSDFTFTHOPS' for short.

Seconded.
    I like Super Duper Free-Time Forum :D.

Helen - maybe we could merge Entertainment and Creative again since neither are overly active now? Or maybe we could have a sub-subforum for Book Club...

Book club can exist in travel & Free-time for now - I think it's very unlikely to get hogged if you look at the collective amount of threads in other areas. We can create a sub-forum as your quest to take over the world advances... :D
    I've put creative as a sub-forum in travel & Free Time at the moment... All the others to be moved over...

Anything goes stays as anything goes unless alternative/more imaginative suitable suggestions are made... Was also wondering about a sub-forum for announcements in that area? e.g. the numerous chat threads! :)
    You mean 'Thesite's Super Duper Fun-Time Free-Time Hang-out Party Shack' isn't suitable :confused:
    I'm unsure that i like this new layout...:chin:

Anything in particular you're not keen on? I'm finding it feels a bit strange but that it does make a lot of sense, might just take a bit of getting used to ;)
    Book club can exist in travel & Free-time for now - I think it's very unlikely to get hogged if you look at the collective amount of threads in other areas. We can create a sub-forum as your quest to take over the world advances... :D

I'm not sure either, I don't think it flows as well as it did, but maybe it just needs time. But where has style and aperance gone?