Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nasty family gossip is hurting me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
I am new to this forum, but have no one I can talk to.I have had the most awful thing happen to me this week and I feel so desperate about it. I hope that anyone reading this will not be hurt or offended, but I just need to vent.
Perhaps a trouble shared may help me heal, I am a 62 year old widow of 10 years. I have had my fair share of depression, especially as after my beloved husband died of cancer, I then had a life threatening illness myself from which thankfully I recovered. To begin this, I have to say that 42 years ago, I had postnatal depression, after the birth of my baby weighing 1 and a half pounds at 23 weeks. She was in the neonatal unit for four months until she reached the weight of 5 pounds when she was allowed home. But she died of a brain haemorrhage just 11 months later. Many years later I was to discover that I have a rare bleeding disorder and this may well have contributed to my daughters death.This event was the worst thing that happened in my life, and to this day I still grieve for her. Last year my daughter who is aged 38 and born after the loss of my baby, came over for a holiday with her three children and stayed for three weeks with me. We had a wonderful time, (I thought,) and I drove them wherever they wanted to go and gave them many gifts to take home with them. I then discovered after I took them to the train station for them to fly home, they live abroad that my daughter had stolen all my wedding and baby photos and all my private documents with birth certificates and family history research that I had completed over the past 30 years.When I emailed my daughter to ask her why she had done this she emailed back that she was done with me and that happened last year, in July.
This week I learnt that my grand daughter had talked to my friends 14 year old son, who asked her why her mother had stolen my papers. (I was unaware of this) she replied 'Well at least my mother never killed her baby'
She wrote this on Facebook for all to read. I am so shocked and stunned that my daughter should have told her child that. It is a total lie and it makes no sense.
Now I have discovered that they have gone bankrupt and moved house, but why have I become the target of such wicked lies?

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey there,

I hope it's helped to get your thoughts and feelings out. :) It sounds like you're feeling confused and betrayed by what's happened.

I don't think you will have offended anyone, but you may not have realised that this is a support forum aimed at 16-25 year-olds run by the charity YouthNet, which means that it's possible people may feel out of their depth in responding to you.

This said, it's clear you are in need and are deserving of help and so you may find the following helpful...

The relationships charity relate, while you might not expect it, has a lot to offer older people. You can find out more on their website. They also have a live chat service that you can access during a range of time slots throughout the week.

If you're looking for support within a forum like this, then check out Gransnet While the name may not be the most appealing, it's a really comprehensive community where you can access support on a wide range of topics.

I hope this helps *hug*