Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

microgynon pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all.

I started taking microgynon pill over a month ago now, but stoped 10 days ago as i began to feel extremely depressed. Before i started taking the pill my relationship was perfect! now i feel completely numb and everyday i feel like im fighting myself to my true feelings for my boyfriend. He is amazing! and i do love him so why do i feel like i need to split up with him?! :banghead: its driving me insane! i have read other forums on the internet where girls have said the pill has made them feel like this, it kind of helps me to know that im not going insane. The last thing i want is to split up with my boyfriend because its not what i want! has anybody ever experienced something similar? or does anybody have any advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you spoken to your doctor about this?

Jed
    I have an appointment for tomorrow morning. I hope to God he can help me some way! :( my relationship and me is at breaking point.
    millieann

If you are feeling depressed, then your emotions are likely to be suppressed or upset, which most likely accounts for your current feelings towards your bf. But as long as you don't make any hasty decisions about the relationship, you shouldn't need to worry yourself over this.

If you've fallen out with your bf because of the way you feel, then how about writing him a letter explaining what you have said on here, and ask him to give you some time to sort things out and get back to normal? If your doctor changes your prescription, it might take a week or two for things to get back as they were.

It sounds as if you might have got into a bit of a panic over this, which might be all part of the problem, try not to worry, my guess is that you doctor will sort things out tomorrow, but allow a week or two for things to settle again.

Jed
    My boyfriend is very understanding and we have decided a few weeks apart for me to get myself together might help. He is coming along to my doctors appointment tomorrow for support (I asked him too) He's also suggested a holiday to snap out of normality for a while. I feel a little positive tonight that there may be help by the doctor tomorrow.

Thankyou for your reply, it has helped to voice my feelings.
    Hope it goes well tomorrow - sounds as if you and your bf are good together.

Jed
    I think it's fairly common for hormonal contraception to affect mood. When I've had the injection in the past it made me feel awful, depressed, really agitated with my boyfriend (even though he hadn't done anything wrong) and it killed my sex drive. I've spoken to girlfriends who have experienced similar with different forms of contraceptive pills, so it might be a case of going back to your GP and trying something different.
    I agree with flibbertygibbert; I have experienced all sorts of mood changes related to different forms of the Pill before settling on Dianette, which agrees with me.

There might also be some underlying depression that was sparked by the hormones, or you might find that a change of contraception helps you to settle down. Either way, well done for getting help and I'm glad your boyf is so supportive. Good luck!