Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stressed what do I do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've posted about this and im totally stressed! I made good mates with a guy with work and have developed feelings for him. Thing is he has no clue but also has alot on his plate and I've been told he isn't up for dating right now.

He has had 4 gfs who have all cheated on him. I see him a couple times a wk outside work time normally go for a drive or cinema.

My mate has mentioned me but he said he couldn't look at me as he's worried it will ruin relationship. I know he's reluctant but I wouldn't intentionally hurt him let alone cheat and think maybe we should give it a shot

I just don't know what to do about this situation as I don't think he will do anything

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just go to more places with him as friends. If you try to push for more whilst he's said he doesn't want to then that's not likely to work well.
    Mist wrote: »
    just go to more places with him as friends. If you try to push for more whilst he's said he doesn't want to then that's not likely to work well.

Just not sure what to do
    Why are you so stressed over this relationship?

It seems as if things are pretty good already, and that given time he may see you as more than a friend - so why are you so stressed?

Jed
    Jedimaster wrote: »
    Why are you so stressed over this relationship?

It seems as if things are pretty good already, and that given time he may see you as more than a friend - so why are you so stressed?

Jed

Stressed because I'd like things to develo

It's like last night he contacted me as his son has been in hospital. To see if I wanted to go for a drive as he was upset from seeing all the sick children. He seemed quite emotional and obviously trusted me to tell me
    Just take it slow. As you say he has alot on his plate and if his son is in hospital the last thing he wants to think about is a work colleague, his mind is probably all over the place and you trying to get into his trousers isnt gonna help
    jacobs_gal wrote: »
    Stressed because I'd like things to develo

It's like last night he contacted me as his son has been in hospital. To see if I wanted to go for a drive as he was upset from seeing all the sick children. He seemed quite emotional and obviously trusted me to tell me

Well that sounds as if things are developing to me.
    So that's a good sign eh
    Hi jacobs_gal :)

It's understandable for you to feel slightly anxious about when or whether this relationship will develop into more than friendship. Liking someone from work can also be tricky, especially as you say he is a very close friend that you have developed feelings for.

Like Lexi99 said, as he is going through a lot lately, perhaps taking it slow and being there as his friend is a good idea for now. You already seem to be doing a great job being there for him and he seems to trust you. Once things settle for him perhaps then you could explore the different possibilities?

Good luck and do let us know how you get on *hug*
    jacobs_gal wrote: »
    So that's a good sign eh

I reckon it is - sounds as if the relationship is developing emotionally, just not physically ... yet!

Jed