Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thought Record: Recording your feelings (CBT)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys!

One of my favourite forms of CBT is the Thought Record. The great thing about it is that it can be used by anyone, anywhere.

The Thought Record has been very helpful for me to reframe automatic thoughts. The more you use it, the easier it is to fill out and catch your negative thoughts in the process. Once you practice, you can even start doing it in your head if you find yourself in the middle of an anxiety-provoking situation.

If you click the link below, the Thought Record will pop up in PDF format that you can print for yourself.

http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/ThoughtRecordSheet.pdf

It takes a bit of practice to be able to reframe a thought (and find evidence that doesn?t support it), but it will get easier over time. Also, not every thought record that you do is going to be life-changing, but I can assure you that some of the ones I have done have really impacted me.

Thought I could share this, as once you get used to using it, you'll eventually find it easier, and be able to change your thoughts to more optimistic ones! *hug*

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to share this Soph - looks interesting, I may have a look into it :) x
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I've also used thought pattern sheets in the past - helps you to become more self aware and think about what you're doing :)