Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Research for Theatre A-Level piece: opinions on teenage pregnancy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there.. Me & My partner in Theatre studies are doing a verbatim style for our final piece, which means we need to do a ton of research!! We also need loads of conflicting viewpoints, which I know I have always found here.

So! I was hoping you would all just reply with your views/opinions of teenage pregnancy.

If you were/are a teen mom, it would be great if you could share some stories, or experiences??

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Tryingtobestrong,

Sounds like a good project, have moved this over to parent as more young parents might see it there? Or of course those with an interest in parenting with views to share on this...

:thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not a teen mum and don't really have much of an opinion so not sure how helpful my answer is going to be.

I dont have an opinion on teenagers having babies. Sometimes it can be a complete mistake for that person and they regret it but sometimes it can be the greatest.

My friend had a baby when she was 19. She's bringing up her little girl on her own and I have such respect for her. She's a great mother. I don't think age makes too much of a difference. It depends on the person.

Ideally I'd like my child to be financially stable, with a complete education, settled down before having children but I don't think the circumanstances are ever perfect, but people survive.
    Personally, as an adult who's struggling financially, I can't see how you can have a baby as a teenage and not be relying on the state, and that bothers me slightly, if only because I've done the "right" things and should be ok and am not. At the same time someone can do the "wrong" thing and be looked after.
    I understand that teen mums can be good mothers (like clem says, depends on the person) - however, on the whole, I think that they could be better mums if they waited a few more years.

(More life experience, in a better place financially, further education.....)