Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My parents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My parents have been fighting a lot(they always fight though), and I think they are going to separate. They have been sleeping in separate rooms for awhile. My mum wants to leave my dad. She is at her end. Dad has been wanting to move out and today i woke up and he was gone. :(
I don't know what to do.

Comments

• *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi Goodlife

Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time *hug*

What's happened since your dad left? Has he come back? Do you know anymore about what's going on?

It's deeply upsetting for anyone for anyone's parents to split. This article called dealing with divorce may help. Although I'm not suggesting your parents will definitely split, it may help you deal with some of the emotions you are feeling.

And is there anyone you can talk to about how you feel? A close friend? Or family member seperate from these events? Of course, TheSite is always here when you need us too. :)

Take care and let us know how you're doing.

Another big hug *hug*

Holly
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If they always fight, don't you think it might be better for them and you if they separated? They don't have to stay together in order to be good parents and it probably doesn't mean anything about their relationship with you, only with each other.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goodlife wrote: »
    My parents have been fighting a lot(they always fight though), and I think they are going to separate. They have been sleeping in separate rooms for awhile. My mum wants to leave my dad. She is at her end. Dad has been wanting to move out and today i woke up and he was gone. :(
    I don't know what to do.

Have you thought of suggesting to your parents that they go to Relate for couple counselling to see if they can sort out their differences?

Even if they can't solve the problems they have, Relate often help people to separate with the minimum amount of acrimony.

They could go together or separately. If your mum feels at the end of her tether, just being able to off-load some of the emotional stress may well help her – same for your dad.

Relate are a charity, and so they do have to charge a fee, but if money is short, they will usually agree an affordable fee.

Reducing the drama and tension produced by their conflicts would probably be of help to you also.

The counsellors don’t attempt to tell people what to do, they help people to communicate more constructively, and help them to work out what they want to do.

http://www.relate.org.uk/home/index.html

Jed