Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

E's and Valium

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many of you use vallys or some kind of benzo on the comedown?
I get a bit anxious of having panic attacks on pills (totally irrational and I fear the fear if you get me). I've caned them too much and the comedowns really are shitty, but I haven't been to a rave/done pills in ages n I wanna experience a rave on pills again.

How many should I take and when... I think just having a couple in my pocket while I'm pilling willl be enough to keep anxiety away but I'm thinking of the comedown really.

Sorry to be flooding the boards with reasonably similar topics but that's what it's for right?

Comments

• Options
    I used to just drink until I passed out.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I used to just drink until I passed out.

Perhaps not the best harm reduction method that.

As to mixing uppers with downers, its not wise, and if you are having really nasty side effects from a drug maybe thats a good reason to stop using, not mask the problem with more drugs.

Physically its not that dangerous if done in moderation, but it wont do you any good.
  • Options
    Yeah know where you're coming from and thats how I know it's time to leave the pills alone apart from maybe really special occassions, just want help coming down. I know this is a really subjective question but would taking maybe 2 e's early on in the night and then about 20-30mg diazapam after, then maybe 10mg in morning be really that dangerous.

I dont want to damage my body but I'd rather feel better mentally, ya get me?
  • Options
    I cant give you a definate answer for that because that would mean pretty much recomending it, which I really dont.

However, depending on the strength of the tablets there shouldn't be any serious problems (but there could be).

What does surprise me slightly though is the amount of valium, I've used it in the past and taking 30mg in an evening would just lead to sleep, not a nice night raving.

Dont take the pills and the valium at the same time, save the valium for the tail end, at least that way you wont be mixing the two directly against each other.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Perhaps not the best harm reduction method that.

No, I'm not actually recommending it. I'm sure some of my health problems now are related to my drink and drug use in the past.
  • Options
    Yeah thats what I mean't... get back from the rave have a couple, chill for a bit maybe have a joint or 2, then see if I can get my head down n have some sleep n then take one in the morning if I feel shit.

I know you can't reccomend anything because it's a hard reduction site, but I'd say it sounds pretty sensible/safe to me.

Cheers.

Just think, we are a tiny minority of drug/ex drug users who research/ask for advice/advise etc getting the correct information... most users don't have a clue what they're doing! I hope some authorities read some of these message boards ( I know the DEA monitor Bluelight) and I think sooner or later the message will get through.

There is no war on drugs, just a battle that the authorities will never win.
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:
    Yeah thats what I mean't... get back from the rave have a couple, chill for a bit maybe have a joint or 2, then see if I can get my head down n have some sleep n then take one in the morning if I feel shit.

I know you can't reccomend anything because it's a hard reduction site, but I'd say it sounds pretty sensible/safe to me.

Cheers.

Just think, we are a tiny minority of drug/ex drug users who research/ask for advice/advise etc getting the correct information... most users don't have a clue what they're doing! I hope some authorities read some of these message boards ( I know the DEA monitor Bluelight) and I think sooner or later the message will get through.

When you get back maybe take one tablet and see how you feel, give it 20 mins or so and see how tired you are.

As for Bluelight, the DEA dont want to learn any harm reduction there, they want to bust people and they have.
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:

Thats quite profound :D
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:

That maybe true, but the casulties are virtually all on one side.
  • Options
    Yep... might use both of those quotes as a sig.
    No one can exactly dispute it really can they.
  • Options
    I've always found taking drugs, even drink, makes HPPD worse, particularly the next morning...though know what ya mean..some nights you just wanna go out and get off your head.
  • Options
    Don't take them with e's, i'm just warning ya. If they'r anything like effexor oh my goddddd!!! AHHHHHH
  • Options
    Try using 5HTP from health shops, which is a serotonin precursor. Take a few in the week leading up, then one an hour before, pop your E along with another 5HTP for an amazing trip. Take a few coming down too. These really help. Cost about £13.50 for 30 x 100mg.
  • Options
    FEE wrote:
    Try using 5HTP from health shops, which is a serotonin precursor. Take a few in the week leading up, then one an hour before, pop your E along with another 5HTP for an amazing trip. Take a few coming down too. These really help. Cost about £13.50 for 30 x 100mg.

Thats like telling an E head to test their pills, every proper pill head takes E's, has a good time and loooves the comedown....well gets shite after you cane too much but been there done that, ya know what I mean.
  • Options
    took a blue once coming down off quite a bit of coke and quite a few e's ... was bout 7 the next morning

turned me into a complete cabbage ... better than feeling like shite but not much ... i was walking into walls and whatnot
  • Options
    Last need I drank about 10pints had about 10 blues and then an e and some bongs.... proper nice, don't even feel bad today and I'm off to a rave tonite.

Might havta take monday off eh haha
  • Options
    you're an idiot you're going to end up dead

i thought my own drug abuse was bad but thats just blatant stupidity

you looked like you had a bit of sense but now you're ignoring everyones advice

if youre gonna arse around with drugs why pick combinations that are pretty likely to kill you ... stupid
  • Options
    I know, I know.... call me stupid whatever, I feel fine the next day etc and I still do work and everything but yes health is not something you can really mess with. I've been stupid but it's been a belter of a weekend I swear and I'v had such a good time.

Last night I had at least 10 vallys,few beers n a pill. Special occaison...mates birthday who dj's at the rave and I got a go at mcing as well.

I know what I've got myself into.... and I've only got enough left now to last me to come off so that's what I'm doing. I aknowledge what I've done is dangerous, but now I'm sorting myself out.

Not that it's affecting my life but it's not good taking drugs like that.

Abuse not use.

I've been through a lot... I'll get through fine. I know you all think I'm daft but believe me I'v got my head screwed on and am concious of what I'm doing to my body.... but this end of drugs for a while.... gonna concentrate more on college. I still do work but could do a bit better I do Music Tech, Psychology and Sociology... I'm idiot.

All of your advice has been took on board it's just the way the weekends turned out... just one of those mad all out ones we've all had now and again especially going to raves etc.

On friday night I got CS Gassed n battoned for fuck all as well by coppers! :impissed:

And then later on stopped and searched but they were sound, knew we was up to nothing wrong. It was because there was a big crowd we all got koshed n gassed prob because they police were scared.

Anyway I'm babbling... you prob have nothing else to say it's down to me now and I'm aware of that but any feedback on anything in this post - appreciated.
  • Options
    Insightful

Loved reading the conversation trail in this bored! All thoughts and opinions were truly insightful.

In addition to the other fact based opinions I would like to add that staying hydrated by starting hours, if possible days, before. Supposedly eases the comedown jitters. It also cannot be reinitiated that you have to be conscious of what you are mixing and when they may cross paths in your system. If you drop you E early enough and want to feel a bit tired after you wake up a 5mg Valium should do the trick. Feeling a bit tired is a welcome feeling, for me, because it could potentially feel like you went through a lot of the come down while you were sleeping. I also find that I sleep for a bit longer, not much but usually an hour or two more. Deeper seems to be present as my dreams are much more quiet and not as intense I seem to shift focus from the Rave/Circuit events of the evening and off to something more down to earth, a lighthouse for example.

Don't worry about feeling groggy for too long. After a bottle of coconut water and your favorite Kombucha, a single cup of coffee if that is your poison and you will feel about asgood as new. The 5HTP pill is really sound advice. Again, this is only if you, and you alone are concise of the timing and amounts of your intake. Having these and other, narcotics crossing paths in your system is never a safe mix. I cannot speak from experience, thank the bigger power that is, however; I have, and have had friends. Friends who, time and time again, tried something new or added an additional substance to their ?candy? for one night and lived through it. However, the risk of death from an overdose is possible during ingestion of the discussed narcotics. Sorry, for the slight rant to encourage respectful use of these products that have been created and tested. Admitting you have a problem is difficult. Seeking help is hard. Changing your routines and habits, for me, was the toughest part. Sugar does not coat the road to recovery...

Mixing valium and the "appropriate" hits of E for your height, weight and all other health factors considered you should safely be able to ingest 5mg of E after your evening but, just before bed. Finally as an added extra measure/wives tale, place your feet up on the wall at a 90-degree angle for 10 minutes. After a night at a Rave Circuit party you can help to reduce the amount of fatigue felt. Over doing it on either the E or the Valium strains the heart. The E likes to make it speed up but the Valium want it to stop. You see the potential problem.

Again, stay hydrated and not just water protein and fruit smoothies are really helpful. Avoid alcohol. Avoiding white sugar and corn syrup is a personal preference of mine. And if that all wasn't enough advice, enjoy the evening or social events that are deemed "appropriate" for consuming E, know what to expect, and, maybe more importantly, coming out of it feeling almost as good as new. Hey, what can I say, a come down is a come down for a reason and as it is one the drugs most common "side affects" IT IS GOING TO happen. All you can do is be prepared enjoy the rolling beats, and move your thoughts right in to recovery mode.

For the judgmental and close-minded individuals that may have something negative to say regarding my post please, I welcome your thoughts and opinions. I am willing to accept the limitations in your ability to accept the opinions and lifestyles other than your own. Again for those using this for its poised actual question value...have an awesome, beat bumping, responsibly aware, hell of a time...roll with it peeps no stress no mess :-)