Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

if i did?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im a well built female and i never wear anything the slightest bit feminine, i don't want to! my parents buy me girlie stuff but i cannot wear them, i really can't! i honestly look like a man in drag! (not meant as an insult, sorry!):eek:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why not tell them that it's not what you like? Or ask to go clothes shopping with them? I'm not particularly slight and I can look feminine if I choose - its just about finding the right styles for you. For instance, empire line dresses make me look pregnant, but I know that a line skirts and dresses are much better.
    i prefere to wear clothes that are made for men, i don't know you guys well enough to explain just yet! There are reasons! i also don't feel as vulnerable!! It's just difficult!
    That is ok! It can be difficult to be comfortable with yourself and fashion when everybody around you is wearing something different, but what is most important is that you are comfortable with yourself. I like the big baggy clothes as well. I don't even own a dress or skirt and fancy shirts just sit in the closet for emergency situations.

While some people, like your parents, may try and push you towards one fashion, it shouldn't impact what you wear (unless it is totally innapropriate, like vag hanging out, which it doesn't sound like ;))

Do your parents know that you don't like the girly clothes? If they keep buying you those things, it might be worth sitting down and talking to them saying that you don't like it, whether or not you want to go into reasons why would be up to you. Just let your opinion be known. Be comfortable with who you are and what you wear :)
    ive never been comfortable with myself! i hate being me, i hate what i am! im totally confused about my own identity! i left home at 15 due to some serious issues, but its only in the last 8 years the family are talking to me again although it's never been the same relationship between us! They are finding difficult to understand me and why i don't wear or even possess anything the slightest bit femenine! i just can't get them to understand, i don't actually like to flash off the fact that im female! it's not safe! i don't want to be any gender, i just want to be me! its never going to happen, its not possible!!! i am the youngest of four, two older brothers and an older sister, i have never been what they need or want me to be, but they do try to help! i don't know if anyone out there understands?