Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Long hair/short hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there,
How do I decide, do I keep my hair short or grow it long? I kinda like it short cos I have really fine hair and I think I look like Neil from The Young Ones with it long but recently people have said I look masculine and I get shouted at in the street by girls calling my "dyke" or whatever. Should I just cave and grow my hair out?

Comments

• Options
    There's plenty of feminine short haircuts, maybe have a google.
    Or you could always ignore the comments and stick with the hairstyle that you're happy with.
  • Options
    I guess the one thing I worry about most is my grad ball next year. I've always thought short hair makes me look weird in a dress. Any advice on hair extensions?
  • Options
    hair extentions and very short hair aren't a good combo. I think fine hair is best with styles that allow a bit of movement i.e. lots of layers and above shoulder height but below chin. There are also loads of volumising products that you could use.

How short is your hair at the moment?
  • Options
    you should wear the hair you fell better with...I prefer long hair..especially if it is really nice and thick..
  • Options
    Just now my hair is almost down to my shoulders. That's long for me though usually it's really short at the back and kinda has a longer fringe.