Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not enough fluids and food again..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I've recently moved out thinking that my eating and drinking habits would bog off.. I've clearly been wrong.

If friend's not home, and she's at work, I won't eat, and I'll hardly drink anything until she gets home, it's strange really, it's like I'm not eating/drinking for myself, but for her. It's the same when I'm out as well, I won't touch a drink or eat anything...

Yesterday I went 30hours without fluid, and hardly eating, and then working out a lot, this has got to be affecting my health some how? I'm too scared and stupid to go to the GP about this, although I've not even registered yet..

Anyone have any pointers?
Thanks! :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, how about setting an alarm on your phone for meal times for food and carrying a bottle of water for fluids?

Obviously you know you need to see you GP, so I would also strongly suggest you get registered and get seen.
    Why is it you're not eating/drinking? Is it just cos you're not hungry or what?
    I don't feel I have to eat/drink... I guess cause I'm trying to stop cutting, if I miss a meal or something it sort of gives the same release..
    You need to stop that, otherwise you're just shifting the issue, like an addiction. Being addicted to Heroin or MDMA is splitting the difference. You need to address the underlying issues that cause the self-harming impulse
    I agree, its just another way of causing harm that isnt immediately harming you but over a period of time you could become badly dehydrated and malnourished. I think you should go to see a GP, or maybe a counsellor to see what can be done
    hmm I guess so... I guess I'm going to have to face my fears and go..
    That's a tough place to come to Sophie, you've done well to face up to this as an issue. Are you going to go book an appointment now? We'd like to know how you get on.
    I'm not even registered to a GP... that's how much I hate them :/
    Deep breath, take the plunge.