Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Facebook & Exes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What experiences have you guys had with facebook and exes?
Recently had a bit of a wierd one. My boyfriend and his ex were still chatting as friends on facebook when were first together, although her profile said she was in a relationship with someone new. After he changed his relationship status to being with me - she deleted him, and his friends that I met him through.
Over the last year she has messaged him trying to be friends again even sent some very long messages. she is still with the new boyfriend according to her relationship status but has never mentioned him in her messages (or me).
This made my boyfriend uncomfortable and he blocked her.
She showed up at a party we were at last month, and was telling people she really desperately wanted to come and talk to him but wasn't sure if he'd talk to her.
Then a week later his mum phoned him and said she'd gotten quite an odd email from her, not mentioned my boyfriend at all but just telling her all about how she's been getting on at uni and asking how she was getting along keeping her pet chickens etc.

My boyfriend emailed her and asked her nicely to stop emailing his mum.

I noticed the other day that there were some gaps in some comments on a mutual friends wall, and suspected she'd blocked me. I logged in on a different account and low and behold, she has.
Why would his ex who I have never spoken to, never been friends with on facebook, never done anything to bother, want to block my profile?

EDIT: They were together for over a year, never lived together.
Me and him have been together for over a year and have lived together for a year and share a flat together.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    she's obviously not over him and even though you've never done anything to her just the fact that you're his girlfriend now and he has chosen to be with you will probably bother her. I would have thought she'd blocked you so she doesn't have to see your name around, not so you can't see what she's writing. seems like she can't let go, but your boyfriend seems to be doing the right thing by not chatting to her and blocking her so at least you have nothing to worry about there. x
    Oh and I forgot to mention, SHE broke up with HIM, and went out with her new boyfriend instead! So she must be a bit over him surely?
    Why would his ex who I have never spoken to, never been friends with on facebook, never done anything to bother, want to block my profile?

because she wants his dick and you are competition? It's quite obvious really. Don't sweat it tho. It seems your boyfriend is thoroughly fed up with her. So just relax, because she is no danger to your relationship. In the meantime, enjoy the Schadenfreude that her life sucks and you got what she wants.
    Oh and I forgot to mention, SHE broke up with HIM, and went out with her new boyfriend instead! So she must be a bit over him surely?

First of all, people make all kind of mistakes they regret afterwards. Second of all, nobody apparently has heard or seen her new boyfriend, so it's not too improbable that she does not even have one, which makes this whole thing a ruse to make him jealous, which backfired horribly on her. Matter of fact is, she wants him now, but can't have him. Let your boyfriend deal with her, but let him know you are there to support him if things get weirder.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    because she wants his dick and you are competition?

Yeah but why block the compeition? wouldn't she want to keep an eye on me?
    Or is it a case of Denial isn't just a river in Eygpt?
    Yeah but why block the compeition? wouldn't she want to keep an eye on me?
    Or is it a case of Denial isn't just a river in Eygpt?

It's not like that she can use anything you do and say as leverage. She is horribly jealous and does not want to be constantly reminded of your existence.
    My ex tried to add me on facebook. Erm, no thanks.