Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

1219220221222223225»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive first cut when i was 9... ive been diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety. i am going to be going to a school in about a week or so that will help me with these issues. i hate crying and when i feel like i may cry i cut and it makes the pain go away and i just feel.. at peace, sorta serene and calm. i no i am addicted to it and it is really hard not to do it. i cant describe how i feel to people because no one gets it. they all think its stupid and whatever but its not to me. i have had quite a few suicide attempts. for one i tried jumping off a balcony 3 times in one night but people kept stopping me. i tried jumping in front of a subway but someone tackled me to the ground before i could. i tried hanging myself but my mother would walk in. its all hard to deal with but i have gotten to the point where i am pretty much just numb and im tiered of everything.
    ive first cut when i was 9... ive been diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety. i am going to be going to a school in about a week or so that will help me with these issues. i hate crying and when i feel like i may cry i cut and it makes the pain go away and i just feel.. at peace, sorta serene and calm. i no i am addicted to it and it is really hard not to do it. i cant describe how i feel to people because no one gets it. they all think its stupid and whatever but its not to me. i have had quite a few suicide attempts. for one i tried jumping off a balcony 3 times in one night but people kept stopping me. i tried jumping in front of a subway but someone tackled me to the ground before i could. i tried hanging myself but my mother would walk in. its all hard to deal with but i have gotten to the point where i am pretty much just numb and im tiered of everything.

Hey loastandalone, welcome to TheSite :)

It sounds like you've had a really tough run of it over the years and it can be difficult for people around you to understand what you're feeling and tiring trying to communicate what's going on for you. It's not wonder you feel worn out with it all.

There are plenty of people here that have been through similar emotions, you're certainly not alone and you've come to the right place to get support, we won't judge you here *hug*

Don't be afraid to start your own new thread if you'd like to and all the best with the new school. If you haven't seen it already we have loads of info here on TheSite about self harm - coping tips and distractions, first aid, steps to recovery and more, here's the link: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm
    :heart:
    why am i so addicted to pain ?!

for the past two years i have been self harming but for the past couple of months i have stopped but instead i have ended up with ten piercings and they are all above my shoulders. i dont know why but the pain i feel when i self harm takes the pain i feel inside away but when i get a piercing i like the pain and feel as though i have to have it because i deserve to feel that pain. why am i like this ?! i seem to be addicted to pain!!
    Its something I think that comes with people who do cut. I am a victim of cutting as well and I've been cutting for 5 years now. Since 6th grade. Cutting can become very addictive. And its easy to replace it with other forms of self-harm. Like for instance I used to be bulimic. And when I was bulimic I wouldn't cut myself. Because one form of pain replaced the other. It's okay to get pierceings. As long as you're getting themdone professionally and they're sanitary. Just be aware that sometimes piercings can affect the work enviroment as well, and future decision making. I recomend getting involved in boxing or kick boxing. I'm planning on starting this summer as well. Because it's still replacing a pain with a pain, but a more humane pain. a "normal" one. If you box i'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's a good way to release emotions as well as feel the pain you need to feel, that you get with cutting, or getting a piercing.
    I hope I helped at least a little bit.
    depression

Im new to this site because i want to share my thoughts on depression and self harm, im sure my case is severe and just want to know im not alone...:no:
    Deeply depressed and alone...
    Hi bree

Welcome to The Site :wave:

Have you thought about waving hello in the 'Introduce Yourself' section? We're a friendly bunch on the site and you might find thats a better place to say hello to the other members. You should get some nice replies in there.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/105-Introduce-yourself

Also, as your new to the forums you may not have navigated around the rest of the site fully. Based on what you've said it might be worthwhile checking out the Health and Wellbeing section. The link for that is below, it has loads of info on things such as depression. There's some good resources and great member stories.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing

Try checking out both links and remember to keep posting.

There's always someone hear to offer some advice and comfort.

Phil :thumb: