Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you stay awake after work? D:

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do any of you have the problem where by the end of the working week you're just so tired all you want to do stay in bed, watch TV and play some video games?

Last time I went out clubbing on a Saturday I was yawning all evening and had to concede defeat at about midnight when I went home to get some much needed kip.

This weekend I was supposed to go round a friends house and had a date on Sun and I've blown it all off because I've been so tired hah. I mean in all honesty I don't feel guilty because I haven't had a 'me' weekend in the last 4 weeks! Always visiting people (nobody ever visits me >_>) and it's just worn me out.

I don't think I can actually keep up with the work-live lifestyle :p I have to work, and weekends are spent chilling and getting stuff in order for next week, I mean if there's a bank holiday or I take days off holiday I can really enjoy myself... do other people manage to do everything all the time?!

Comments

• Options
    It isn't unusual, there's an assumption that come the weekend you should be out partying. All I want to do is slob out on the sofa and chill out. I work hard, I just don't have the energy to party hard lol.
  • Options
    Im exactly the same! Everyone always says to me 'you're 22, you should be out partying all the time' but i get home from work, get straight in my pjs and just collapse! On the weekends/my days off i just want to chill and do nothing!

Saying that, I HATE clubbing and i love staying in and having 'me' time anyway, and the gigs/dj nights that i like to go to arent every week so when they are on i try and make the effort to go. Most of the time i dont feel like im missing out too much.

I know what you mean though i cant keep up either. Plus in my job, i work weekends so i dont fancy going out friday or saturday night when i have to be in work sometimes between 6.30 and 11 the next day.
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Agree. I don't like going out apart from small things with close friends or by myself. Big social events/parties wear me out. I have to recover. Friday night is good sleep night for me.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm the same. To be honest I actually quite like just having the weekend to chill out and catch up on doing...not alot :)

The working week comes round all too quickly for me though. boooo. Saying that, I should get to bed.
  • Options
    I finished at 3 today and have tomorrow off. Pjs on all already and getting ready for a whole afternoon, evening and day of bugger all!!
  • Options
    At the moment, it's not so much staying awake after work. It's staying awake at work! I was falling asleep at my desk yesterday.
  • Options
    You-know-you-are-lazy-when-you-are-excited-about-cancelled-plans1.jpg

I never make plans, but on the occasion that I do, I cross my fingers the other person backs out. Staying at home and sleeping or doing nothing is so nice.

I also believe in naps. Best thing in the world. Whether it be 30 minutes or another 8 hours. Naps rule. Nap every day after work.
  • Options
    Same, I find working 9 til 5, getting and keeping some social activities, doing the mundane tasks and finding "me" time tiring. Not enough hours in the day. Especially when you can still remember uni!
    I usually last a few weeks before it gets too much.
  • Options
    I know how you feel. come Friday evening I just want to go home and curl up in front of the television. I am, it seems, quite popular and seem to always get invited to thing son a Friday night that I feel obliged to turn up to. Saturday evenings are however almost always mine to do what I like with. That normally ends up as sleep, or on occasion late night video games.