Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bridal make up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a photoshoot for college doing bridal make up this week and although I've had a couple of practices I'm not happy that its actually showing off my skills. Different brides want different things, I know what I would want is not what most people would want.

So, if you were getting married, what kind of thing would you want? Ultra natural, a slight smokey eye, something slightly shimmery, a little colour or very neutral...

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm..I'd probably go for very natural, with just a bit of glitter:)

Nina x
  • Options
    Most people would want something natural, a bit smoky and a bit shimmery but mostly natural tones and natural hues.

Not so good if your speciality is vintage, for instance...
  • Options
    I just need to go with something pretty general because its for my portfolio, but theres such a wide scope under "bridal" I'm not too sure what to go with. I've got a lovely 20's/30's style Ivory beaded dress for my model (quite fashionable though) but I don't want to make it too vintage...

Tbh, I need to do a series of different bridal looks for my portfolio, I'll just have to find a model and a photographer that will do time for pictures when I'm feeling a little better.
  • Options
    i would go with something natural/shimmery the two combined together would look lovely! :)
  • Options
    I'd want quite a gothic victorian dress, so I'd like make up to go with that, probably quite heavy make up, smoky eyes and pale face, with bright pink cheeks.. but I guess most people would want natural looking foundation, with the main focus on the eyes. Maybe some light glitter, and probably slightly rosy cheeks.
    Hope that's useful :) If you have time, could you please send me some make up tips via PM, especially if you do vintage, I love make up like that but I'm useless at doing it!
  • Options
    Glitter isn't very good for photographing unless it's very fine. I'll play about a bit more and maybe put some photos up of the results.

What kind of vintage are you into?
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Glitter isn't very good for photographing unless it's very fine. I'll play about a bit more and maybe put some photos up of the results.

What kind of vintage are you into?

Instead of glitter could you use those shiny eyeshadows?
    and I like this kind of style http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-M8639IH4FnQ/Tl0cl9UyVhI/AAAAAAAABMs/wFr30pzoMWc/s1600/make%2Be%2Bhair%2Bpin%2Bup%2Bpro%2Bblog.jpg :)
  • Options
    Instead of glitter could you use those shiny eyeshadows?
    and I like this kind of style http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-M8639IH4FnQ/Tl0cl9UyVhI/AAAAAAAABMs/wFr30pzoMWc/s1600/make%2Be%2Bhair%2Bpin%2Bup%2Bpro%2Bblog.jpg :)

Am I allowed to mention that her lipstick is really badly applied? I want to fill in her inner lip and sort out where they've gone over her lipline on the bottom.
  • Options
    50s pin-up style is really easy! I'll send you a PM about it when I'm not totally knackered (hopefully tomorrow).

Have a look at these three. They're no where near so perfect as they will be for the shoot, and the light I did it in was really bad but at least you get an idea. Theres a very natural one, a metallic shimmery one and a smokey slightly glittery one (I found my reflects antique gold).

Any comments would be apreciated!

(Not me in the photos, tis my housemate who kindly modeled for me)
  • Options
    Am I allowed to mention that her lipstick is really badly applied? I want to fill in her inner lip and sort out where they've gone over her lipline on the bottom.

Me too!

On which note, I would avoid bright red lips - even for vintage style. I'll try to find a pic of my sis' wedding she had a really nice balance of vintage/classic.

I like what you did for your housemate! :)
  • Options
    Seems I'm coming in pretty late over here but just wanted to ask if you could send please send over 50's style to me as well if possible? I'm trying to research the makeup for my own wedding and find myself fancying that kind of look the most lately...a few of my friends also like the idea of it. Thanks!