Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'd quite like to get married

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
one day anyway...
So could the Church of England get the fuck out of my way so I can look forward to it please?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    By the way -> boop <-- So where's the prob? :naughty:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :heart:

Shall I buy a hat?
    Damnit, stupid website where things written down are kept!

Helen, you'd be better off getting a superhero costume. When I meet the right lady, it's going to be epic.
    I thought the OT only had passages about the religo-no-no of hot man on man action? I don't recall it mentioning owt about smooshing vaginas together. Which is what I assume real life lesbians do.
    Absolutely. Rampant scissoring.
    consequences-of-gay-marriage.png
    The irony of the CofE's statement yesterday is that they had always at lease conceded that gay marriage wouldn't affect straight people. Now, by saying they will stop holding weddings, they are ensuring it affects straight people.

If this is an attempt to turn their parishioners against gay marriage, it's not working. People don't usually talk on the tube in rush hour, as you know, but yesterday on the Piccadilly Line all I could hear was people talking about how stupidly the CofE is acting. So if they're not driving people away, they're certainly not attracting new members.

I would quite like to get married in my church where I'm on staff, and that would not affect the CofE one jot. They would have the right to choose who to marry - as they already do, especially where one or both partners is divorced - and be protected in that right by law. So GET OUT OF MY FACE.

*and breathe*
    piccolo wrote: »
    The irony of the CofE's statement yesterday is that they had always at lease conceded that gay marriage wouldn't affect straight people. Now, by saying they will stop holding weddings, they are ensuring it affects straight people.

I saw a great comment someone had made somewhere saying of course it will affect straight people, cause there will be a sudden rush of impeccably designed and extremely fabulous weddings for straight couples to try and compete with.
    Epic Kaff