Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self harm butterflies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
now i've been self harming for years. i find telling people about it doesn't help me at all. i told my friend and all she could do was say sorry and try telling me what to do. but i cannot stand being told how to live my life.
I know how much people suffer with self harm and i have come up with a way, without seeing therapists or whatever, to help you to stop.
You draw a little butterfly everywhere you cut. When you cut, you kill the butterfly. If you don't cut, the butterfly washes off and it is free. i've been doing this for a few weeks and its working great. it also works with drawing stick men and writing the people you loves names next to them. it helps because you don't want to hurt them.
Also, i know someone who used to self harm who has really awful horrid scars. i asked him if i could see them, just once so that it would hopefully put me off and encourage me not to get those scars. talking to people who used to self harm really helps because they do not pressure you and they know exactly how you feel.
I hope this helps people that don't want to talk to anybody about their self harming and its really useful to stop for some of us.
I was going to attach a photo of the butterflies on my arm but i decided not to as the scars may upset some people.
Thank you for reading and i hope i can help someone. Ask away if you have any questions, im very open and will try my best to help you <3

everyone wants happiness, and no one wants pain, but you cannot have a rainbow, without a little rain.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you could draw us some butterflies on paper? Thank you for your sensitivity in not posting pictures of scars.

Welcome to TheSite! :thumb:
  • Options
    Hi lottiewop

I've never heard of anything like your butterfly method before.

I love your idea of the butterfly flying away unharmed when washed off.

I'm thinking you must be unusually creative and insightful, and I hope lots of people will chat with you and share their experiences.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Have you thought of putting a picture of a butterfly in your profile as a personal avatar?

Butterflies are great symbols of freedom and movement, possibly between one idea and another, and perhaps from one feeling to another? They create unpredictable patterns of movement in a very delicate way as they flutter from one flower to the next.

Who would want to harm a butterfly?

Very, very, clever!

Take care.

Jed.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    The butterfly idea is a really nice one. I hope it keeps working for you :)
  • Options
    thank you everyone, a very good idea piccolo, will give it a try.
    I know I am new here but I hope to help a lot of people, I want to hear about peoples past and their problems and I try to give as much help as possible and I have been in a lot of similar situations.
    All I want to do is help people, make them feel good about themselves and put a smile on their face.
    Everyone's smile is so beautiful :)