Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Awkward much...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im at my dads at the moment, and he makes things so awkward. I hate physical contact and all he keeps doing is hugging me and its making me paranoid and jumpy and i really dont like it. I cant tell him to stop doing it cause i dont wanna hurt his feelings but i dont know what else i can do. I have to be here until late tomorrow and its making things really awkward. Plus he keeps telling me that we'll have a 'talk' and thats making things even more bad and i really dont know what to do right now.

Comments

• Options
    I get the impression that you don't live with your dad all the time?

He's probably enjoying having you there, and in his mind you're still his little girl, and little girls get hugs from their daddy. Can you put it to him that it might be good if he'd cut back on the hugs, after all you're not a kid any more. Put in the offer that obviously good bye ones will always stand.
  • Options

He's probably enjoying having you there, and in his mind you're still his little girl

:yes:
  • Options
    I get what you mean, im his youngest daughter so i'll probably always be considered his little girl and my mum calls me her little girl all the time but somehow its just different as i live with her and she knows i hate the contact so i know how to tell her to back off, but i dont know if my dad will get upset about it :\
  • Options
    Is there a way that your mum could speak to your dad in a semi-tactful way to try and explain to him that the contact makes you feel uncomfortable. Then you dont have to worry about your dad getting upset?