Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need Advise :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I'm a 24 year old female. Just a normal girl. I recently got into this accounting firm and most of my colleagues are also females, with a couple of males in there. My direct supervisor/boss is also a female and i heard that she's 32, although she doesnt look like one.

The problem is i think she's a les. Because of the incidents:

1) She places her hand on my butt when we both are in the pantry. i was concentrating on making my coffee, and i totally didnt notice her coming in. I just felt a hand on my arse, which shocked me. But i stayed silent when i turned and saw its just my boss. She just smiled at me.

2) She came over to my desk to see how i was doing, and she was WAY too close to me. AND she laid her hand on my thigh this time round.

To be honest, i have no complaints on her doing that. I just got into this company and i didnt dare to raise this up to any of my colleages, in case they "spill the beans". Should i tell my boss to stop this? or should i just let her continue all these "actions"?

Comments

• Options
    *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi LauraNZ and welcome to TheSite :wave:

You should never have to put up with behaviour that makes you feel uncomfortable in the work place. Although, unfortunately, it can often take a lot of courage to take action with it.

You say you so far have no complaints, so it's up to you whether to take things further. But could I suggest you keep a diary of your bosse's inappropriate behaviour? Just note down what she did, the date she did it, and how it made you feel. This could be useful if you do decide to take things further.

There's also a lot of useful advice in this ACAS bullying and harassment at work leaflet.

Let us know how you get on.

Holly
  • Options
    So you have no complains that she's doing that. That's what you said. Where exactly is the problem now?
  • Options
    When i said i had no problems with it, its because she only laid her hands on me twice only. Nothing major yet.

And i have just confirmed with my colleagues. She IS a bisexual. Haha. Rumors are some of the female colleagues were already "eaten" by her. Hope im not the next one. :(
  • Options
    You do know yo have a right to say 'no'. You make it sound like shes some kind of woman-hunter rapist. If she ever does anything you dont like tell her. Or report it to her superiors