Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Important question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys. My boyfriend has had a fallen out with his parents they've had a early ugly argument and really nasty stuff was said. He does'nt live at my house but he goes home on Mondays and come back Wednesday! His parents are very very over proctective it's unreal because he's blind and has fits. Anyway his parents want my address, i live with my sister, mum and dad. I'm just wondering if his parent get hold of my address could they get me mum in trouble for having my boyfriend staying here? There that nasty and dertimind to spit us up we don't know what there playing at and were both scared. Please can anyone help us?

Comments

• Options
    How old is he? If he is over 18 he is an adult and can do whatever he wants. His parents cant get anyone in trouble for him staying with you
  • Options
    He's twenty six. Thank you lexi. :-)
  • Options
    As long as he says he is staying there willingly then there's nothing they can do! (i dont think so anyway!)
  • Options
    Hey there custard,

Sounds like a really stressful time for you and your boyfriend at the moment. But it's great you've posted here for support.

I think Lexi may be right; if he is over 18 he should be able to make his own decisions about where he stays. An exception would be if his parents had guardianship for him under the Mental Health Act. I found this page from mind.org which has more information - http://www.mind.org.uk/help/rights_and_legislation/mind_rights_guide_6_community_care_and_aftercare#guardianship
    Although it may not apply here at all.

In terms of practical steps, maybe you can try talking to his parents, with or without your parents being there. Maybe they just need to know for sure that you and your family are responsible and will be able to care for your boyfriend when he does stay with you.

May also be helpful to speak to your parents about this anyway and see if they can help create some neutral understanding his his parents.

Hope it works out soon, and remember we are here if you need to discuss anything else.

:)