Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Waiting for benefit confirmation/backpayment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I won my tribunal over 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a letter telling me that I've been put into the work related activity group for ESA and be given a backpayment from January. I have a letter telling me that I've won the tribunal but I've heard nothing from the DWP. I can't phone them myself and no one has had the time to do it on my behalf (haven't seen my support worker since the tribunal). Is this normal? Should I wait a bit longer or do I really need to find someone to call them for me?

Comments

• Options
    Is it just nerves stopping you doing it yourself?
  • Options
    Pretty much, I get freaked out by just the idea of going into the job centre as well. I've been humiliated in public and shouted at down the phone by people from the DWP and I hate even dealing with the paperwork just in case I get it wrong.
  • Options
    All sorted! Paperwork has come through now...just waiting for the back payment to come through
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    All sorted! Paperwork has come through now...just waiting for the back payment to come through

Yay! :D Let's hope you get your money soon too.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it's getting sorted now Miss_Riot, and that you're just waiting for the back payment
    :D