Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being laughed at because of my sexuality:/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I came out to my close friends, one of them was a best friend (I no longer speak to her) she promised to deny it if anyone asked or caught on, etc. but she told the people I had argued with.

The story is, I like this girl, let's just call her DD. I have liked her for over a year, but she has been dating my ex boyfriend ever since then. I told my ex best friend about it, and she promised me that she would not tell anyone, especially DD. I had received a text saying that she had told her AND the group she was with, now my ex, DD and the judgemental group know, and they're all laughing at me for no reason.
I trusted her with that dark secret of mine, seeing as she was basically the first person to know that I am bisexual, but she told me that it was unfair that DD didn't know..

Can anyone please just give me some advice about this situation? I actually do feel like breaking down and crying. :/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the best course of action would be burning your ex best friends house down.

No, in all seriousness, there is not much you can do. Just be above those morons and don't be hurt by their laughing, they will get bored and you will find new friends.
    As a gay, I can promise you it gets better.

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

my favourite video http://www.itgetsbetter.org/video/entry/3149/

My best friend at school avoided me for 6months after I came out. She explained later it was because to her I had changed and it made her wonder if she had too. Another friend told me she went to confession to ask her priest for advice. I confused a lot of girls, I was the first out in my year. That best friend is still my best friend now. She worked it out. But even if she hadn't I have so may good people around me now.

Just remember, it's not like you chose this. But it is part of who you are now.
    I'm assuming you're still at school. Unfortunately, as you're finding out, school can be a cruel place populated by dickheads. It'll all change when you leave, you'll get to college and meet a great many like-minded people who aren't emotionally stunted immature douchebags.
    I appreciate all you have said, I've pretty much dropped the deadweight (the people who laughed about my sexuality) and I've left school. I've applied for college and I'm hoping to find many people that I can get along with, and maybe find someone special. School is just full of people that are too immature to understand how things work, I didnt choose these feelings toward that girl but hey, I'm me. :')