Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Advice about this guy situation...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys. :wave: This is half rant, and half asking for your advice!

I'll start from the beginning.. I met a guy at a club, he texts me and asks me out for a drink. We text for about 2 weeks and then finally go out. (It took a lot for me to go out since I have social anxiety disorder. But I'm in the middle of therapy hence the pushing myself to actually go out! :thumb:) After that he doesn't text me. So I text him in case he thought I wasn't interested. He texts back, but I get the impression he's not interested since it's not like it was before. So I was a bit bummed about that.

I see him out again on a weekend twice, say hi and he's nice and friendly. Great, he doesn't think I'm a complete weirdo haha. So I eventually start moving on from the rejection and then bam! I see him out again and he asks me back to his place. I slept at his that night. We made out, I gave him a hand job, but declined intercourse which he seemed fine about. I recall him saying, 'you don't have to', which I thought was pretty decent of him.

The next morning I'm hungover like crazy, and he's practically spooning me and trying to hold my hands. We talk for a bit and then I leave with his hoodie. The day after I text him about arranging a good day for me to drop his hoodie off, he says the specified day is good. So 2 days after that I text him saying what time I'll be coming, again he's cool with the time. So I drop it off, we talk for about 5 mins, he's friendly and says thanks for dropping it off.

The thing is, he's such a nice guy, and I like him! But I don't think he likes me like I would want him to. And I'm not entirely sure if I like him or if its just lust, and the idea of having someone.

Questions: Should I text him now I've given him his hoodie? If I should what should I say? I'd be quite happy to have a casual relationship with him, but if a guy wanted that I'm guessing he would iniciate it? Idk. :banghead: What would you do? :confused:

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd shoot him a text. I don't know what you could say, what would you text a friend if you wanted to see them? Just keep it casual, non flirtatious. Try and keep it that way for a while so you aren't upset if things don't work out. I've learnt that now.
    Something along the lines of you had fun, you would like to see him again. hints and games don't work with men, we're not clued up enough. Be direct, if you like him and want to get to know him then say so.
    Thanks, I'll drop him a text, see where it gets me! :)
    So i'm interested, where did it get you?
    He ended up texting me anyway haha! I guess I'm just impatient, or he's slow (probably a bit of both). He asked me on another date which turned out pretty good :)
    Ahhh sounds lovely!
    I had really bad social anxiety. It does make dating hard, but this guy sounds like he's making you feel relaxed which is great