Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How and when to broach sex/commitment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey All-
So I've been dating a great guy (I'm gay btw) for a little over a month.

Things are going really well, he even surprised me the other night with tickets to a baseball game (my favorite sport). It's been really open and honest.

However we haven't talked at all about sex, sexual preferences or the idea of a relationship. How exactly do I broach these subjects? I'm falling for him and would like to start something serious.

Comments

• Options
    You don't have to discuss during the baseball game who will be the 'giver' and who the 'receiver'. Just invite him over for dinner (to thank him for the tickets) and get comfy afterwards to music and wine. It will most likely progress from there and then there's the right setting to talk about sex and maybe just doing it too.
  • Options
    Hi MattGTF,

It's good to hear you have found someone that you click with and that you would like to start a relationship, but it can be nervewracking making the first move. We have an article on thesite with some useful communication tips for couples http://thesite.org/sexandrelationships/couples/lifeasacouple/communicatingasacouple which may help you to broach the subject with him and there is also an article called 'Saying I love you' with some more tips on how to get your feelings across. http://thesite.org/sexandrelationships/couples/lifeasacouple/iloveyou

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    You don't have to discuss during the baseball game who will be the 'giver' and who the 'receiver'.

Or whether they're both happy with either role (versatile). Many of my gay friends like both roles. :)