Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I need help. (self harm)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, the other month i tried to commit suicide, i'm getting help but i've said to everyone i don't self harm any more and they believe me. I stopped self harming over a year ago but some nasty comments drove me to try and OD, i obviously failed, so now i self harm again, any sharp object i have on me i'll use. I do it everyday, i cover it up, i always wear long sleeves and pants, 4 years of self harming i've realised it's not healthy and i need help, i don't want to tell anyone because i think they'll think i'm weird or i'll disappoint them. Everyone at school has found out but i just deny it, i'm now known s the 'emo kid' That doesn't help with the situation either. I just hope one day i can say 'I USED to self-harm, but now i'm in a better place, i'm proud of myself.' But i just don't think i can, i can't see it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Roxie :) wrote: »
    Well, the other month i tried to commit suicide, i'm getting help but i've said to everyone i don't self harm any more and they believe me. I stopped self harming over a year ago but some nasty comments drove me to try and OD, i obviously failed, so now i self harm again, any sharp object i have on me i'll use. I do it everyday, i cover it up, i always wear long sleeves and pants, 4 years of self harming i've realised it's not healthy and i need help, i don't want to tell anyone because i think they'll think i'm weird or i'll disappoint them. Everyone at school has found out but i just deny it, i'm now known s the 'emo kid' That doesn't help with the situation either. I just hope one day i can say 'I USED to self-harm, but now i'm in a better place, i'm proud of myself.' But i just don't think i can, i can't see it.

If people knew you self-harmed before then i doubt they'll think anything more of it than be worried about you. You need to identify whats more important, getting help or people's ignorant opinion....
    As hard as it can be, i think you should let people at school get on with it. People who taunt you clearly have self esteem issues themselves.

Can you reconise why you're harming yourself?
    Hey Roxie,

Are you still getting help from when you tried to commit suicide? If so, do you think you would be able to talk to your psychiatrist about your self-harm?

You shouldn't be ashamed to tell someone that you need help with the harming. You've done the hardest thing in admitting you need help with this problem.

No one will judge you, or think differently of you if you was to see your GP, or talk to your psychiatrist, as they're trained professionally in dealing with these types of situation.

As for school knowing, I doubt you're the only person who self-harms in your school, they maybe doing it cause they feel they're not alone with it them self? I don't know, but don't let them taunt you over it, it's your way of coping, and I would expect they have other coping mechanisms as well.

I hope you get the help you need, and one day you WILL be able to say ''I used to self-harm''.

Best wishes, sweetie. *hug*
    Thank you both so much, i'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow, i really appreciate this, thank you again : )*hug*
    Hi Roxie :wave:,

How are you feeling tonight ? Some great replies form brunettebarbie and SophieAnnnn:).

I hope all goes well when you see your Psychiatrist tomorrow and please let us know how you got on. Remember we are always here for you at The Site.:thumb:

Take care,
    B:)