Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nearly 48 hours sh free

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its nearly been 48 hours since I've last SH and i am really struggling i am obsessing about it i can't seem to distract myself

Comments

• Options
    Draw on your arm (or wherever) in red pen.

Also, we played.
  • Options
    I tried that one generous seem to work for me :-( thanks though
  • Options
    Go for a run. Or have a shower, if you turn the water from cold to hot (gently) and back again it makes your muscles do funky things and you'll feel better when you're done.
  • Options
    Ill try that one thanks heaps :-)
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey CharlieBoy,

Congratulations on being 48 hours self harm free :yippe:, you should be proud off yourself, TheSite.org have a list off coping tips and distractions, which can be found here...http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/copingtipsanddistractions Maybe you could check the article out and try some off the distractions and let us know how your doing *hug* .
  • Options
    Hey charlieboy21 :wave:

Congratulations for being SH free for 48 hours.

Hope things are going well for you.

Have you had a chance to look at the link that **Angel** posted. If you do, let us know what you think of the info posted.

Phil :thumb:
  • Options
    Very well done with the 48 hours, you're doing really great. Use the things that have helped you through the past 48 hours and build on them. You have the strength to keep going. Remember that thoughts don't have to equal actions, you are in control and you don't have to give in to the urges. Take care.