Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TheSite Leaders Chat - Wednesday 2nd May 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Who are TheSite Leaders?
We are a group of people who have online and offline discussions about how to make TheSite even better! We have had several weekend events, and also have our own network where we discuss various topics and new and upcoming developments.

I became involved in the Leaders project mainly because I have been using TheSite for years now, and from my experiences (and hearing the experiences of others) I know what an important place it is. I wanted to contribute to shaping its future – and it is great to see our contributions involved in developments of TheSite. I really enjoy working alongside the other leaders, and it is nice to give something back to a community which I feel I have benefitted so much from.

For instance we helped develop TheSite.org chat guidelines, gave feedback on TheSite.org's recent self-harm awareness campaign and got the name changed from just 'community' to 'our community'.

Keep a look out in this thread – I’m sure a few of the other Leaders will come along and introduce themselves!

When and where
The chat will be Wednesday 2nd May, 7-8pm, in the normal chat room, found here.

What will we be talking about?
This is your chance to meet TheSite Leaders and have a chat about what YOU think about TheSite. We will be asking you guys questions, which gives you an opportunity to tell us how you use TheSite, what you like about it or things we could improve. Perhaps there is something that would make a difference to how you use TheSite? It would be great to hear your feedback.

This chat will also give you a chance to join the network if you're interested and so any questions related to that are also welcome

How will it work?
The chat will be moderated (similarly to the expert chats) so your comments will be sent to Helen and Sean before they appear on the main screen. This is just to ensure that it doesn’t get too chaotic and that everyone has a chance to ask questions and have their say!

All the Leaders will have “leader” after their usernames so it makes it easier to follow who is who. For example, I’ll be yellowseahorse-leader – although actually will probs be YSH-Leader ;)

See you guys then!

Comments

• Options
    Just bumping this at it's TOMORROW! Hope to see lots of you there :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yep, this one's today... all welcome! :)

if you don't think you'll be able to make it but have a question - feel free to post here or PM one of us.
  • Options
    Hi everyone

:wave
    :
  • Options
    Hi everyone

I'm Georgina, and I've been one of the recently joined leaders on thesite.org. I first decided to join because of my interest in helping give advice to young children. It has been a rewarding experience for me and I hope to continue and gain a whole wealth of knowledge about young people's issues. Currently studying Psychology has also helped me be open and helped me enjoy helping others. My favourite part of the website is talking one on one with young people. :)
  • Options
    Am I allowed in, as I'm ancient these days.
  • Options
    *Seany**Seany* Deactivated Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
    Of course!
  • Options
    Am I allowed in, as I'm ancient these days.

I think when we dropped over the cliff edge that is twenty-four-years-old we became dead to TheSite. I have to worry to myself these days about how much wanking is "too much", how many meals out obliges my partner to surrender to bum fun, and belay my concerns over a furious face fucking.

:D
  • Options
    You all know me, I hope!

But you may not know I'm one of TheSite leaders; I got involved because I'm an opinionated wotnot, and because I am excited by how much good TheSite does these days!
  • Options
    Hey! Well I'm new to the boards but not new to YouthNet or TheSite. I've been volunteering as a Leader for about a year, and prior to that I was involved with YouthNet as a volunteer for their Lifetracks.com project (which has now ceased). Being a user of TheSite and an advocate for ensuring young people have access to high quality, impartial information to empower them to make decisions, when the Lifetracks project ended, I wanted to continue my volunteering with YouthNet, and so here I am.

I'm a volunteer-o-holic I think as I also volunteer with another project: Right Here, which champions young people's involvement in shaping their emotional wellbeing and mental health services. Other than that, I like baking, having baked for a long time before the latest baking craze actually gathered such momentum!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey guys, we're open to do come by and say hey! :)
  • Options
    *Seany**Seany* Deactivated Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
    Thanks!

Hey guys!
    Seems lots of people liked having the chance to meet TheSite.org's Leaders. It'd be great to know how you found it if you were in the chat!
    If you want to find out more about Leaders, you can find the opportunity here on do-it. Unfortunately the opportunity is for 16-25's as that's all we have funding for, but if you're interested in applying, please do :).