Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sleep logic

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night with a partly-functioning brain making you think nonsense that seems to make perfect sense?

Some time last year, I couldn't sleep. I knew the reason I couldn't sleep and it was as simple as this: Before sleeping, I had to think about a specific subject (let's call it subject A). Subject A, however, "contained" subject B. So before thinking about subject A I had to think about subject B.
The problem was that subject B also "contained" subject A, and so I was stuck in an endless loop for hours, unable to think of either subject fully.

Just last night, I woke up at about 5am with a headache. I thought I might have had a fever and so I touched my forehead. Feeling no heat from it, I seriously considered that I might be dead and still moving due to a "mistake". I felt my pulse to make sure.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hah yea sometimes.

The best dreams are the one where your significant other cheats on you or pisses you off - you wake up livid with them and they have no idea why...