Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tablets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was put on anti-depressants a few weeks ago and everythings been fine until now, i feel exactly like i did before if not worse, i havent self harmed for 3 weeks until now, is this normal on anti-depressants?

Comments

• Options
    This explains what you need to know, http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/treatments/antidepressants

It can take a few weeks for them to begin working (among other things the page says.)
  • Options
    Ive been to see the doctor and i know the side effects, i just seem to be getting worse on the tabs :/ x
  • Options
    If you've been on them for a month or more, it's worth talking to your doctor about how you're feeling. They can increase the dose, or change the tablet that you're on. There are many different tablets in the family of SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) which is a common group that is used for depression and eating disorders, so if this one doesn't work, there are others to try.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 is right. Can take a month if not more for them to kick in fully. Whilst your body adjusts to them it can exacerbate depressive feelings, as this is what happened to me.

After a couple of months I felt fine, give them a chance and you should be fine :)