Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

He said he doesn't want attachment because of past relationships.. ADVICE PLEASE

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any advice or opinions would be appreciated. there's this guy and we've been hooking up for a few months on and off but nothing serious and we've never spoke about our relationship status.
last night we were texting and he said he wasn't sure he was as in to this as he should be. he said he was never looking for anything long term but now he'd started getting quite attached to me and it wasn't what he wanted. he said he didn't want attachment because of his own private issues and past relationships but what does he really mean? how can i try show him it might be worth taking the risk because i am not like his past girlfriends, even if it doesn't work i'd still like to try? its really hurt me because i wasn't looking for long term either but i now can't imagine him in my life.. i really can't :(
i really don't know what to think and there is so much i want to say to him. could it be that there are other girls or does he not like me anymore?
am i right to want to ask him about his past relationships and maybe try show him that we can be different? please help, i don't know what to think. its really hit me hard.. :(

Comments

• Options
    i think he just needs to know u trust him, or that u want him. have u tried telling him u trust him and that u want u guys to be exclusive? idk, im just another teenage girl, my advice may or may not be valid or that great. just keep ur head held high and dont let ur life control u, bcuz u control ur life :) i wish i had better advice for u, but maybe a date or something to the movies or a romantic dinner for two is all he needs :p best of luck,
    xoxo Breanna xoxo
  • Options
    Personally I would reiterate to him again that you would love to be exclusive, or at least try and get there slowly, but that you understand his problem.

I know how it feels to be scared of getting attached. Im kind of like that right now, Ive been hurt so many times, im scared to go there again it case it happens again. I think space is what he really needs, let him know you still want to be friends and are there if he needs you but dont push him
  • Options
    if you two are meant to be, it'll happen!! hang in there