Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What colour?

Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
I want to dye my hair. I hadn't really thought about it until my friend randomly said in boots "that would really suit you..." it was only £4 and i am not allergic. But, not sure whether it will suit me. Don't really want to put a photo up but I am pale with pinky cheeks and blush easily, with green/grey eyes.
Right now, I have a dark brown with natural highlights in. I went darker before and it washed my colour out. This colour is Garnier Golden Brown and so is lighter but I'm not sure whether it will suit me. My friend wants to dye my hair tomorrow and the dye is permanent, it didn't have the same colour in semi. V.Nervous about changing my hair. HELP! All wise words appreciated :wave:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you have a pinkish tone to your skin I would stay away from gold tones on your hair. Reddish copper tones would probably be better.

Always go for a semi at first!

I'm a similar colouring to you and I have gone from black to a shade lighter with a reddish tone and it doesn't look a huge amount different on my head but it's made a big difference to my completion.
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Dyed my hair and it went really well! There are pretty gold and copper bits in it.
    Miss_Riot thanks for your reply, will consider a little bit of red next time now that I'm getting used to changing my hair. :)