Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best Herbal Remedies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'll start with echinacea...if you get decent potency, this works a treat if you catch a cold quickly enough before it takes hold.

Comments

• Options
    "You know what they call 'alternative medicine' that's been proven to work?"

"Medicine"
  • Options
    A very naive perspective. What you mean is medicine that makes $$$ for big pharma.
  • Options
    exactamundo!

Lavender oil - everything from grumpy children and stressed out cats to sore heads and mild anxiety
    Aloe Vera - grazes, sores, constipation and burns
    peppermint oil - pain, IBS (actually prescribed by the NHS as well), nausea.
    Ginger - nausea, colds and coughs, stomach upsets, constipation, morning sickness
    Garlic - anti-fungal - ringworm, thrush etc, colds and coughs

I could go on, theres so many!
  • Options
    I second the ginger for an upset tum, tastes like crap but works like a champ!

Eucalyptus for sinuses - also, not herbal, but the neti pot is amazing as well.

Ephedra is great for asthma too.
  • Options
    There are these things call ginger chews which a friend of mine swears by for travel sickness

Ephedra and neti pots are a little dubious though, I've heard bad things about them too!
  • Options
    herbal tea to help speed up labour

I read in a pregnancy magazine rasberry leaf tea (bought from herbal chemist) if drank in last few weeks of pregnancy can help speed up progress of labour. I put it to test after previous 2 labours where both over 24 hours I gave birth to my 3rd baby in just over an hour entire labour time 1hour 15min didnt have any painkillers didnt need stitches .I am glad all my experiences of giving birth werent as easy or I would have enough kids 2 make a football team :razz::razz: