Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dating Polish/Eastern Europeans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Aimed mainly at guys who have had Polish/other Eastern European girlfriends - but also interested to hear feedback from women with Polish boyfriends.

How was the relationship? Were they any different in terms of mentality/personality/outlook, etc from previous English girlfriends? Were they a bit mental?

I've just started seeing a Polish girl, been together a few months now and I think I can safely say I wouldn't be going back to English girls in too much of a hurry, it just seems to be their culture they have far more respect for men - far more caring and with a lot less attitude (IMO of course, and only going on my own personal experiences). Would be keen to hear from others with Eastern European partners, either present or past.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yea, you obviously can't throw 'em all in one basket, but with my limited experience about Czech and Hungarian girls I can say they are mostly more easygoing and less stuck up than western counterparts. Dunno about the polish tho. Every polish girl I know is bit conservative and not so much adventurous.

In comparison to your typical brit girl I guess they are all pretty much chill.
    I don't think you can say that one particular group are different from another. I think it depends on the person not their nationality.
    Natashaaa wrote: »
    I don't think you can say that one particular group are different from another. I think it depends on the person not their nationality.

Nationality does play a part. If a girl comes from a strictly Catholic or Muslim country, it's likely that they will be influenced by the norms of their own society.
    Natashaaa wrote: »

Indeed. I had a Polish girlfriend for years but I can't really pick out what was 'Polish' and what was just her.
    Aimed mainly at guys who have had Polish/other Eastern European girlfriends - but also interested to hear feedback from women with Polish boyfriends.

How was the relationship? Were they any different in terms of mentality/personality/outlook, etc from previous English girlfriends? Were they a bit mental?

I've just started seeing a Polish girl, been together a few months now and I think I can safely say I wouldn't be going back to English girls in too much of a hurry, it just seems to be their culture they have far more respect for men - far more caring and with a lot less attitude (IMO of course, and only going on my own personal experiences). Would be keen to hear from others with Eastern European partners, either present or past.

Work mate is having a relationship with a polish lass. Had a wee boy together. They seem to be getting on quite happily.

I had a date with a hungarian but she didn't speak any english, so gave up.
    I met two Russian girls, they were certainly of a different breed than normal girls in my city. They were less stuck up and a lot more fun.

I think you can easily see that most people from different countries have different cultures and are different from the norm.
    People have a habit of going out with someone from a foreign country and attributing aspects of their personality to the country they're going out with. I "know," for example, that Vietnamese girls are really clingy based on experience from just two girlfriends. But a friend the other night was complaining about his clingy girlfriend (also Vietnamese) and attributed it to her only being 21 (he's 32). Go figure.

People also have a habit of picking out all of the bad points of previous girlfriends and using them to generalize about women from their own country. I've gotta say, your summery of Polish girls compared to English girls sounds scarily similar to the sort of things that Thai bride customers tend to say, and they're not generally people with a healthy attitude towards women.
    I dated a Polish girl once. Unfortunately, it didn't work and the relationship went a little sour.......kraut.

I've just started seeing a Polish girl, been together a few months now and I think I can safely say I wouldn't be going back to English girls in too much of a hurry, it just seems to be their culture they have far more respect for men

How do you feel about this now that you know that she doesn't do anal?
    Dating Polish girls

Ive heard a lot about these eastern girls and how laid back they are. Even though I am married now I still have a fasination with these ladies. When I was working in Egypt many moons ago I met up with one of these girls and found her to be quite laid back but respectful and polite. Sadly these lovely girls a few and far between down our neck of the woods. I would recommend them to anyone:yes:
This discussion has been closed.