Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dirty dreams. or rather lack thereof

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was just thinking and i realized. that i have never had a dirty or erotic dream.... is this strange? is there a reason?

it kinda makes me feel like im missing out on something.... idk XD

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not strange, nor a reason behind it that can be explained by modern psychology. I have had only a handful myself. There are a couple interesting reads and techniques on the Internet that help you to learn lucid dreaming. There you can pretty much do anything, be it hot raunchy sex in a bathtub full of jellybeans with whoopie goldberg or whatever floats your boat, really.
    Unless it's causing a problem I wouldn't worry about it, lots of people dream about all sorts of different things!

If you find that alongside this lack of dirty dreams you also aren't really interested in sex at all, it may be worth talking to someone about that.
    I've only had a couple of dirty dreams in my lifetime, I wouldnt worry about it. My theory is that I do all my dirty daydreaming while im awake so there isnt any left while im asleep :chin:
    At least you don't have that awkward feeling seeing a workmate/friend the next day without fully understanding why...
    Try reading Delta of Venus by Anais Nin before bed...just skip the first story and its a sure fire way to have a pretty erotic dream.

But like the others say, unless your level of desire is lacking overall (and tbh, theres absolutely nothing wrong with being asexual as long as you feel happy with that), then theres nothing to worry about.

As I've gotten older, I don't have so many but then again I'm less likely to read erotica late at night than I did a few years ago!